Antlers Motel
$128
$123
HolidayInn.com
$93
Quality Inn & Suites(Eau Claire)(Great Value!)
$68
$100
$85
$110
$99
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have going to the upper northwest Wisconsin area on fishing trips for many years. We live in southern Indiana, so Eau Claire is a great spot to stop the night before we get to our cabin. The Antlers has always been our choice. We stayed there again this past July. I was a bit disappointed with not much having been done in the way of updating but it was still a great value with clean rooms and great rates. Great choice if your main objective is simply a good clean place to rest for the next days driving. Not a social or recreational spot. We will stay there again I am sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Terry G
Reviewed January 6, 2012

While I have vague recollections of staying in many small motels like this during my childhood, there aren't as many anymore. This is a motel (maybe built in the 1950s?) that brings back recollections from a bygone era. Note that it's called a motel--because you can pull your car up to the door of your room.

If breakfast is important to you, you might be a little disappointed. When I stayed there, all that was offered was a box of donuts and some coffee. But juice is available on weekends!

While the price is a little lower, it is probably within $10 of national chains like Super 8 and Days Inn.

But if you're interested in something a little different and having a retro sort of experience, give this place a try.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank habek
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife and I had stayed at this property over 15 years ago and considered it an exceptional value at the time, so we decided to check it out once more during a trip in September, 2011. We were a bit disappointed as the property has aged with not a lot of evidence of any substantial upgrading of furnishings or decor. The rooms are clean, the showers work and the water is hot though, all of which is of primary importance to us. During the time of our stay we stayed for about $20 less than what was being quoted by Comfort Inn and similar properties, so that saving was appreciated; however, the breakfast is not as substantial and if you desire something more than juice, coffee and pastry you might factor that in.

As for dining options, there are not many choices without driving at least a few blocks which we did and were able to find a number of restaurants.

We did find the beds OK comfort wise and the place was quiet on a Saturday night so rest was no problem. Due to considerable road construction in the area at the time of our stay, reaching it was a bit of a challenge; however, that should be finished in due course and not a problem when completed.

We did have cable TV and Wi-Fi which was easily accessed and worked well.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jimbo074
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We had to go up to NW WI to put my mother to rest. So we needed a couple of rooms to stay in on our way up there. So we located this motel and it had decent reviews from a couple of sources. Well my brothers wife travels a lot for work at a lot of upper level places. She was happy with it. And it had "free" wi-fi. It had very clean rooms. I was surprised by the amount of TV channels. Although the TV was old school. It was securely bolted down and I am not sure that was necessary. I would stay there again and very reasonable $55 plus tax. I travel now and then and finding place less then $75 is difficult. So if you need a reasonable nice place to stay this is it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Illinoistraveler54
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Excellent facilities in totality. The 'Hosts' ensure that the facilities are not only working but extremley clean with very competative rates. This is the 2nd year that we have stayed there and we vever been disapointed

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple