Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
$99
$93
BestWestern.com
$90
Quality Inn & Suites(Eau Claire)(Great Value!)
$54
$89
SleepInn
$147
$110
All reviewsdorm size fridgeattached bar and restaurantwould stay here againwifi worked wellfirst floorpool and hot tuba great place to staycomfortable bedsconvenient locationdaltonpoolsidemicrowavecampus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We found this motel to be absolutely great in every way. The clerk bent over backwards to help us in any way she could. This motel far out did the luxury motel we stayed in earlier. A definite A++++++

Room Tip: Don't let the outside of the building fool you for the "palace" awaits you inside.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Roger and Judy F
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

We are a family owned and managed company, so I am extremely pleased to hear that our staff were able to make you feel like one of us. It is our goal to offer you the very best service and comfort during your stay.
Thank you for your very gracious comments. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

There was a wedding the night we stayed. The wedding party was loud and obnoxious in the halls for hours before the staff kicked them out. Then around 3am someone else's key worked in our door. I felt so unsafe I didn't sleep. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
campusgm, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Regarding your comments about your stay in May, safety and security is our highest priority for all of our guests. I definitely would have liked to have been made aware of the incident that night or the following morning so that I could have had our maintenance department address the problem with the lock right away. Please contact me, Charles Kaiser - General Manager, personally at 715.834.6611 to give me your room number and more details about the situation, so that I can follow up to take care of any problems. Thank you.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed one night over the Memorial Day weekend. Double room was just 60.00 per night---great price, but I'd have paid double to have a good night's sleep for our family of four (including 2 young daughters). Room was clean but outdated and staff was very friendly. A/C didn't work at all. Tried to open the sliding doors for some fresh air, but were immediately assaulted by clouds of cigarette smoke from people outside. Around 9 pm there were many loud, drunk people outside---screaming, laughing, smoking, and using lots of profanity. We called the desk to complain---they said they'd ask them to quiet down. Some time later, after we had all gone to bed we heard loud, live band music---really LOUD! We called the desk and were told that a live band was playing in the restaurant until 1:45 AM! The 'System" wouldn't allow us to move rooms and "weren't we told at check in about the band??" We had to be up and out at 7 AM, so we got very little sleep. At check out we were offered a "full 50% refund" so we had to raise a stink. We were not paying a dime to sleep in a bar all night!. Didn't bother with the breakfast---we left ASAP.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you need to sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that your recent stay with us was not a pleasant stay one. We are aware that it can get noisy as people go to and from the smoking deck outside the bar, so we do try to inform our guests placed in rooms near the front of the hotel of potential noise associated with the band. I sincerely apologize that the front desk clerk failed to mention this at check in.

I have spoken to our bar's manager regarding the incident and he has assured me that the bar staff will be monitoring the smoking deck more carefully to reduce the chances of disturbances due to noise from the bar.

Thank you again for your review, as your comments help us in serving future guests. Please consider us again when you are seeking lodging in Eau Claire.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was very happy with my room. It was roomy and comfortable and both beds were very comfortable. The heating and air conditioning are definitely outdated. They gave us a very reasonable rate since my husband was going into the hospital the next day. The room was clean and there is a great hot tub and pool. It's very convenient having a bar and restaurant all in the complex - no need to leave once you've settled in. The continental breakfast is ok. Will be staying there again next week for three nights while my husband has heart surgery.

Room Tip: The room with two beds is much larger than the rooms with a single bed. The single bed room is very small.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities while you were here. We take pride in being a "one stop shop" for all of your lodging needs, and being able to offer it all at an affordable rate. Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is definitely a budget hotel. The room appeared nice when we first entered, and it was clean, but that is the best I can say for it. The bathroom was small and dated, and the beds were hard and uncomfortable. They were sparsely made with very old bedding that did not fit the bed sufficiently. The pillows were puny. Also, the room was small. This was just a place for us to sleep, so I can't comment on any of the other amenities. We stayed here after a couple nights at another $100 per night type hotel elsewhere and the difference was night and day. This hotel was definitely on the cheap. I'd try another comparatively priced hotel before I would come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review, as your comments help us to improve the experience for other guests.
I apologize that your experience with us was not what you had expected. It is unfortunate that you were not able to try our any of our other amenities, as those extras help us to stand out from other economy brand hotels.The pleasure of relaxing in our indoor and outdoor pools, the convenience of our on-site restaurant and bar, and access to our on-site laundry and fitness facilities are just some of the things that guests enjoy.
I hope that next time you are in Eau Claire you will give some of these amenities a try, and see the changes we have made in the rooms.