“A reasonable and nice place to stay”

Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed in the past and also this January - - a clean moderately priced hotel with nice room for handicapped and nice pool and hot tub which is open early and for adults late as well. It is close to campus and has a great Pizza place attached for those late night snacks.

Room Tip: Even though the handicapped room we asked for was somewhat close to the bar and there was a band pla...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have discussed the noise level with the bar managers and they will be sure to do what they can to isolate the sound to the bar. We appreciate your feedback! Next time you are in Eau Claire please come back and visit us!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

have been staying here for many years. used to be quality inn. the rooms are basic, starting to get some flat screen tvs!!! beds are basic, no frills. pool area is nice for grandkids. bar is great.
live bands on wkends are usually great.

Room Tip: get upstairs, quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel! I am glad that through the years you have enjoyed your stays with us. We will see you next time you are in Eau Claire!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The worst exsperience I have ever had from any business...ever. They didn't try even apoligizing for their actions. Was just told for the next nights stay" sorry we don't feel we can accomidate you, please go somewhere else" I have never had a worse exsperience ever and on my wife and my anniversary vacation to top it. Shower broke so we were unable to bath in the room we paid for, 1/2 of the excersise equipment didn't work right. Paint peeling off walls. On top of it just rude and uncaring people. They would rather you go somewhere else than have to deal with anything. So if you feel like being treated like crap, not bathing and having faulty equipment..by all means stay here.
'

Room Tip: Any other motel or hotel would be better than this place
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I assure you that our guest is always our first priority and we work very hard to make sure each one is happy and comfortable. I will make sure to address these points and I hope next time you are in Eau Claire you will return and see the improvements we have made.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed at this property while working a job in Eau Claire.

Room was small for two beds. WIFI did not work despite reporting problem to front desk. Bathroom was also small but had a fine shower/tub and the sink drained well. Room was mostly clean. Carpet needed to be replaced. Refrig worked but thermostat on AC was non-functional. Didn't matter since it kept the room nice and cool anyway.

Must be frustrating working in Engineering and Housekeeping at this property since there are so many small items that need to be attended to. Hence, the remodel headline on this piece.

Breakfast was sparse in the newly remodeled lobby. Cereal, hardboiled eggs, coffee, juice, muffins.

There are better places to stay, but this place isn't too bad and is located close to a major hospital, shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: I'd say the rooms at the back of hotel are the most quiet since there would be less traffic and...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

I would like to thank you for your review of Americas Best Value Inn- Campus View. I appreciate your feedback and it will help us to continue improving the stay of all future guests! I have discussed the issues you brought to my attention with our Housekeeping and Maintenance departments and we will be making improvements. I hope next time you are in Eau Claire you will be our guest again and enjoy our ongoing renovations!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We came to town for a softball tournament and it was slim pickings finding a hotel ahead of time, so I was a little nervous. I had previously called Comfort Inn & Suites and they didn't have any rooms, but they recommended we try here. Check In was fast and the staff was friendly. We found our room to be clean and comfortable. It seemed like the room at one time had been a smoking room because it had a slight stale smoke odor, but it wasn't enough to turn us away. They had an indoor and outdoor pool which the kids loved. We were very surprised that both times we went to the pools we were the only ones there. The breakfast had the usual muffins, bagels, toast, cereal and hard-boiled eggs and yogurt. It served our purpose and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Americas Best Value Inn- Campus view! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback! I hope that next time you are in Eau Claire you will stop back in and we can show you our continued improvements!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a three softball tournament in Eau Claire and this hotel was close to both of the fields we needed to be at. Air conditioning worked great in our room, but no so much in our daughter's room. The whirlpool bath was great for the kids in our suite. Small area for morning breakfast and there was cereal, muffins, yougurt and donuts. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your review of Americas Best Value Inn-Campus View. Your comments are very much appreciated and help us to continue improving the stay of all future guests. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that next time you are in Eau Claire you will be our guests again!

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Ok I checked in front desk looks nice but the upgrades stop there. Get into the room it smells musty and like smoke. Tv remote needs new batteries or a whole new remote. Paint cracked on the wall. Bed fair at best. Take a shower the Next morning orange rusty water comes out for awhile before becoming clear. I have to hold the showerhead because it isn't tight enough to not spray strait down. The water takes about 15 minutes to drain after showering (note I didn't close the drain. The decor in the room obviously hasn't been upgraded since the 80's besides the TV.

• Stayed: April 2012
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

I would like to first apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have notified our Maintenance Manager of these problems and they will be addressed immediately. Your comments are very much appreciated and help us to continue improving the stay of all future guests. I apologize again for any inconvenience during your stay and hope that next time you are in Eau Claire you will stop back in and we can show you our continued improvements!