“Terrific Burger”

Milwaukee Burger Co. Bar and Grill
Ranked #4 of 229 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Terrific Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I ordered a build your own burger; a classic burger with cheddar cheese, coleslaw and thousand island sauce. It was extremely tasty. On the build your own menu they have just about anything you can think of to put on your burger. For my side I ordered a half order of cheese curds. I have never seen deep fried cheese curds this huge. They were solid with cheese. They also have a nice variety of choices for burgers they offer. My husband ordered for a drink, a bourbon, brown sugar with bacon milk shake. He was very happy with his choice. He was not sure how bacon would taste in a shake but he was not disappointed. It did not take long to receive our order after we ordered it. We were extremely full when we were done eating and we did not even eat everything that was included. The staff was very friendly and full of energy.

• Visited October 2013

WI
“Finally Cheesy Hashbrowns!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I enjoy having unique hamburgers and this place has them. I ordered The Hangover with is their hamburger patty, egg, and cheesy hashbrowns, Great burger - wasn't greasy but was juicy. Staff was excellent and attentive. They mistakenly sent me grilled pickle chips but I insisted that they stay because they were good.

• Visited August 2013
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Good, but not great burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

After hearing other people talking about eating here, we finally decided to try it. I had a sourdough burger and my fiance had a "build your own" burger. The burgers were good, for sure, but hardly what I'd call great - the flavor of the burgers was overshadowed by the toppings, sauces, etc. The combination of stuff on my burger was bordering on disgusting- I'd never order it that way again. Burgers weren't cooked to the done-ness we ordered. Service was friendly, but frazzled and SLOW, chili cheese fries were great but you're never going to finish them as a side with your burger (it's just too heavy...and too much food).

Prices were unspectacular, as was the decor on the inside (it's almost a step up from a Denny's with a bunch of TV's and a bar). It's not bad, but I wouldn't bother going again.

• Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great Beers and Fried Curds!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited this restaurant during a family reunion with a group of about 20. They were very accommodating and had our table ready when we arrived. They have a large and diverse collection of craft beers with a finely detailed beer menu. The fried cheese curds are a popular item among many Wisconsin eateries, however the curds offered here are exceptional. I also decided to try the "food challenge" which was to eat a burger with 5 half pound patties, 2 1/2 buns, topped with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, relish, and 2 large fried curds in less than 30 minutes. Completing the challenge ears the patron a free t-shirt and your name on the wall. The burger was huge and the price under $15 was hard to pass up. I was somewhat disappointed however that the burger patties were overcooked and extremely dry. I didn't complete the challenge and I would have enjoyed it more if the patties had been cooked medium rare and juicy. This, by no means, took away from the overall experience which was lively and fun. I recommend this place anytime you are in Eau Claire!

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The burgers we had were excellent as was the beer samplers. Service was a little slow but not bad. The cheese curds were great.

• Visited September 2013