“A meal with a view”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This has been one of my favorite special occassion restaurants. Perched on a hill it overlooks the river valley and they make the best of this with windows surrounding you. The Sunday brunch is great. In the summer they have dining on their deck that is very pleasant. Good food and service.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Fanny Hill no longer offers a "Dinner Theater".
We will miss all the (mostly comedic) plays.
Nothing lasts forever.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We just enjoyed a great dinner and very entertaining "Elvis" impersonator at Fanny Hill. I had shrimp scampi and my husband had braised beef. Both meals were great although his was more than enough. The show was also fantastic! George Thomas "Elvis: The Essence of the King." An Elvis fan makes me comment on this man's ability to make a personal contact with everyone at the show. He really can work a crowd and assure everyone their money's worth of entertainment. Although, I have seen those that I feel better impersonate Elvis. But he was good!!! Overall a great meal and very enjoyable show!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

A group of five women (in our 50's) visited Fanny Hill for a matinee performance of "Barefoot in the Park." We began the afternoon with brunch. There was a wide variety of food items on the buffet . . . both breakfast and lunch. The food was fresh and hot. I especially enjoyed the bottomless mimosoes, made-to-order omelettes, eggs benedict, bacon, fruit, pastries, salads and dessert. But there was also breakfast pizza, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh-made waffles and such lunch items as potatoes, gravy, chicken, fish, beef, pork and vegetables.

We were treated well by all staff we encountered. The play was excellent. Between brunch and the performance, we took a little walk around the grounds and through the building. Staff was cleaning rooms and allowed us to peek in. The rooms looked comfortable and well-appointed. The scenery and gardens were beautiful. (It appeared that the exterior of the building was in the process of a needed update.)

We enjoyed every minute of our visit to Fanny Hill!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were in town from Texas and looking for a place to have a 50th birthday dinner for a family member. I called to make reservations and got an answering machine. I left my name and number and reservation request, but never received a call back from Fanny Hill. I called the next day and spoke with someone in person and was able to make our reservation for 8.

On the positive sides, the service was very good. Personable and attentive, the staff itself was the best part of the visit. The menu was also a plus. We had a group with a wide variety of ages and tastes and there was something good on the menu for everyone. The wines by the bottle offered a good selection at a variety of prices and varietals.

The problem was the execution. We ordered the cheese curds as an appetizer and several of the curds were breading only, with no cheese inside. The sliced tenderloin was ordered medium but came out well done (no pink at all). The New York Strip was ordered medium but came out medium well (small amount of dark pink in the very middle). The kids grilled cheese was perfect on the side up when delivered to the table, but the bottom was black and charred beyond what should be allowed out of the kitchen. Given the bottle section of wines, the wines by the glass was very disappointing.

The biggest disappointment was the inability of the restaurant to help make our 50th birthday celebration special. It wasn't the actual birthday of our family member (the birthday was last week, but this was the first day we could all get together), and when honest about that we were told, "It's too bad it isn't your actual birthday because then you would get a discount." We spent over $200 on the dinner and weren't looking for a discount, but the fact that Fanny Hill didn't offer a handwritten note, a visit from the chef or even a dessert for a 50th birthday was a big letdown.

3  Thank erikjwithak
Fanny H, Director of Sales at Fanny Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I'm sorry to hear your experience was not what you were hoping for. I hope you will give us a second chance to impress you!