“If your in the area and undecided on where to eat-pretty much can't go wrong here.”
Review of Grist Mill Diner Wisconsin - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grist Mill Diner Wisconsin
Cuisines: Afghani
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The quality of the food here is excellent. By far the best in ET, some of the best around. I cooked my way through part of med school, 1st thing I noticed was the quality an freshness of everything on our table, everythibg from the sweet potato fries, grade of beef, an type of bun. The side salad was a big bowl full of fresh veggies, colorful! I always say u can judge a place by side salads. Definitely not the place that gives u a half bowl of ice burg lettuce. Service could have been better. But I saw a lof of genuine effort. I've lived in walworth county 30 years, have I see a lot worse service. If you choose restaurants based on quality and freshness of food, you should like it. I've been eating here since the owner had the place in the little cabin down the street. I have yet to have a bad meal. I'd rank it right up there with chop house at grand geneva, I know we are talking night and day diffrence here, but they both serve "real food" fresh quality product and some talent on the line.my wife even had troy out at our house cooking when we had them cater a bday party for our family.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I went to the Grist Mill Diner on recommendation of friends because I heard they had good "comfort food" which is true. The staff is great and food was good. I have to give this a 3 star rating because we ordered an appetizer and our meal came out first. We had to ask about the appetizer and were told our server would check. About 15 minutes into dinner the appetizer came but by then we didn't need it. It was onion shreds and they were only warm. Our server should have offered to take them off the bill but never did. We finished our meal, paid our bill and left. Because of the customer service I probably won't go back.

1  Thank KL114
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped late for dinner. We were told there was a 15 minute wait. I had two hungry kids and they wouldn't let us pre order the food. The food was average. I feel like if their front door staff was a little more savy and the food was a little more carefully prepared they would be ok.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Grist Mill just took over a beautiful new location just east of the small, cute log cabin building they were in. The menu is excellent and my husband LOVED the Reuben, children had Thai chicken wrap, Tuscan chicken wrap and I had the chicken with peppers, onions and mushrooms on a delicious rosemary ciabatta bun. Love this place, lots of parking and cute outdoor seating. Sat in the nice bar area and had excellent service.