“good breakfast!”

Ivan's on the square
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in East Troy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New American comfort food with an international twist. Ivan's is just a short hallway away from East Troy House, Wisconsin's oldest tavern (est. 1836). Located on East Troy's historic town square.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I'd read some good reviews, so instead of the hotel's continental breakfast, we decided to see what Ivan's had to offer.
The food was nothing overly creative, but was very tasty!
The staff wasn't overly friendly, but we weren't there to chit chat. It looks to be family-run, as a young girl was clearing tables.
The atmosphere of the place is quite adorable. It's in an old bldg. and has alot of the original charm...high tin ceiling, original brick and woodwork, as well as cute decor.
Sure beats sitting in a Panera!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were so disappointed after reading all the glowing reviews. I had a special of the evening tuna with quinoa and asparagus. The asparagus was great but the tuna was awful. Poorly prepared and poor quality. I could not finish the dish and did not want to take it home. It was very peppery and couldn't eat much of it. My husband had the french dip. He said that the roast beef was terrible, worse than the roast beef you can buy in a package at the grocery store and the swiss cheese was tasteless.

On the positive side, the restaurant is in a very old building and is nicely decorated. The wait staff are very friendly.

Unfortunately we won't be back because the food is awful.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Though we live in the area, we have never visited Ivan's before Sept. 14th. The dinner menu is limited and a little pricey, but everything was very good. My husband had the filet, which he thought was excellant and I had the chicken and shrimp Diablo, which was a little spicy for my taste, but very good. The next time we go we will try some of the sandwiches, which we have been told are very good and lower priced.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are rehabbing a house in central East Troy. We can walk out of our back door to the village square on which Ivan's is located. We spent a great deal of time last winter camping in the house which was devoid of furniture and appliances so we could refinish floors and install new infrastructure. Ivan's was recommended by the locals as a place of respite with great surroundings and interesting/well prepared food.

The house is fully functional at this point so Ivan's is a date night treat. The servers are polite, helpful and delightful. The food is fresh, well prepared and innovative. We've been there for breakfast (weekends only), lunch and dinner and have always been impresses. The nearest place with comparable food is Fork in the Road in Mukwanago.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to Ivan's for breakfast, lunch and dinner and every meal has been scrumptious. They recently changed their menu and two days ago I had the most delicious southwestern chicken wrap. Almost a year ago I had one of the best breakfast omlettes I've ever had; I ate so slowly so I could savor every bite!

Friends who have gone to Ivan's have nothing but good things to say. It's an old, historic building from the 1800's with some modern charm mixed in amongst the vintage tables and chairs and bar; friendly and quick service, moderate prices and absolutely delicious food.....although I was sorry to see they discontinued their pulled pork sandwich 'cuz that was soooooo good!

They often have special events for holidays (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc.). I have never attended them but they sound delicious. Parking is easy on the side streets if the town square parking is filled up.