“Treasure in downtown East Troy”

Ivan's on the square
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in East Troy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are rehabbing a house in central East Troy. We can walk out of our back door to the village square on which Ivan's is located. We spent a great deal of time last winter camping in the house which was devoid of furniture and appliances so we could refinish floors and install new infrastructure. Ivan's was recommended by the locals as a place of respite with great surroundings and interesting/well prepared food.

The house is fully functional at this point so Ivan's is a date night treat. The servers are polite, helpful and delightful. The food is fresh, well prepared and innovative. We've been there for breakfast (weekends only), lunch and dinner and have always been impresses. The nearest place with comparable food is Fork in the Road in Mukwanago.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to Ivan's for breakfast, lunch and dinner and every meal has been scrumptious. They recently changed their menu and two days ago I had the most delicious southwestern chicken wrap. Almost a year ago I had one of the best breakfast omlettes I've ever had; I ate so slowly so I could savor every bite!

Friends who have gone to Ivan's have nothing but good things to say. It's an old, historic building from the 1800's with some modern charm mixed in amongst the vintage tables and chairs and bar; friendly and quick service, moderate prices and absolutely delicious food.....although I was sorry to see they discontinued their pulled pork sandwich 'cuz that was soooooo good!

They often have special events for holidays (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc.). I have never attended them but they sound delicious. Parking is easy on the side streets if the town square parking is filled up.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is our favorite place for breakfast. Ivan's has a great atmosphere, reminiscent of a early century speakeasy. They make perfectly cooked eggs, crispy hash browns and have special omelets and big muffins.

Their Friday fish fry is the best around. The cod is fresh and tasty, and has a light and crispy beer batter that is never oily. The French fry's and slaw are very good. The one flaw is the potato pancakes which are pasty and to be avoided (note to Ivan's: please change your potato pancake recipe). Despite this my wife & I crave Ivan's fish fry.

Ivan's also has weeknight specials such as Tapas as well. They have a good selection of premium beers and wines.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Not every small town along the highway has a decent local restaurant. Ivan's is exceptional. The interior has been completely restored and has a great atmosphere. Tough to see inside from the street, but worth your time and money. We stopped in on a whim for a late Saturday lunch. The waitstaff was very friendly, the menu was creative with a great wine & beer selection, and the food was delicious. I had the bleu cheese burger: one of the best burgers i've ever had! Very flavorful! The menu changes seasonally and the options were varied enough that I would definitely go back just to try something else. Only a mile or two off Interstate 43 -- just drive past the McDonalds & Burger King until you get to the town square. There's not much in East Troy, but Ivan's makes it a worthy detour!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Shared a wonderful dinner & bottle of wine! We were so busy chatting and the waitress was so very patient with us. Try the flaming cheese - OMG! All 3 of us had seafood and each dish was perfect. Dessert was a great ending to the evening - we stayed till they were closing the doors. Want to return!

1  Thank Chrispy52