“New owners & new outlook! Fantastic food!”

Eddie B's White Spruce Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Eagle River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eddie B's White Spruce Inn is now under new ownership and invites you to come enjoy our friendly service and fine dining experience. Located in Eagle River's oldest log building, we provide a unique dining experience with scenic views of the water, outdoor seating, and boat parking available. We offer a large selection of entrees and a large wine selection to accompany any meal. Try our ribs, steak, walleye, or fish fry to mention a few.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We frequent Eagle River as a vacation destination, and were pleased to see the White Spruce re-open under new ownership when we were there Dec 2012. They have new cooks / staff as well, which all really believe in the new menu and the work being done in the kitchen to perfect the food. It's all paying off. The Prime Rib (Saturday only) was phenominal, and I'm not even a big Prime Rib eater. Later at the bar, the owner brought out a rib from their Rack of Ribs dinner meal for each of us to try. It was out of this world - not a strong BBQ taste like most - it was a fantastic spice rub instead. They were applewood smoked to perfection. I regret not getting them as my dinner (I had shrimp, which were very good, but nothing compared to my wife's Prime Rib or the rack of ribs).

1  Thank Struc

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Went with 5 other couples on the 3rd of Oct --service was super for a table of 12--and the food was the same super---4 of us had the rib-eye and all were done to perfection--other meals were also very good and there were raves about all of them--will go again for sure

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The White Spruce in is located in one of the oldest buildings in Eagle River, Wisconsin...a very old log cabin downtown on the Eagle River. It enjoyed a wonderful career and then closed. New owners bought it and opened it for lunch 5 weeks ago. It has outdoor seating and an outdoor bar. I had a cuban panini sandwich which was very tasty, albeit a little pricey for the area. It has a nice bar and 2 separate Northwoods style dining rooms, one of which had a nice view of the river. I enjoyed talking to the new owner and wish him luck in getting this place back on it's feet. Nice selection of beer. I like to go back for dinner sometime.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

For those who like history, the original log cabin portion of the inn, circa 1880, alone is worth a visit. Be sure to ask Eddie about the ghost. For those who like good food, all I can say is that the pan fried walleye was outstanding and the bacon-wrapped prawns were excellent as well. We had an interesting conversation with Eddie, who took over the White Spruce Inn, three weeks ago. Having moved back to the area following his career in Chicago, Eddie plans to show his appreciation for the history of the location by serving great food.

1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The White Spruce Inn would be wonderful to visit just to see the oldest log building in Eagle River and all the wonderful old photographs on the wall. But the food and service are a delight, too. We stopped on a Friday night and enjoyed their "all you can eat" Fish Fry. The fish was available fried, baked, or a combination of both. My husband and I tried both and were especially pleased with the light batter on the fried fish. A nice salad bar comes with the entrees. The menu was great and we will be going back to try their house specialty prime rib, made from a 90 year old recipe. There is a lovely deck overlooking the Eagle River that would be delightful in the summer!