“Quality Dining in Northern Wisconsin”

Riverstone Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #8 of 60 Restaurants in Eagle River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed July 23, 2012

What do you normally discuss in the car with your Wife and Kids on the way up North to your annual vacation spot? Correct, food and restaurants.
It used to be the restaurants with those beautiful caramel colored stained pine logs and huge black steel fire places with the welcoming warm, natural great smelling log fires. Those restaurants still have there place up there and I still love those places dearly but there's a relatively new restaurant Up North in Eagle River Wisconsin called Riverstone. It's a tad more modern but yet it has a little rustic flavor to it's decor. It's now our favorite restaurant in Eagle River when we want to go out and enjoy a nice cocktail at a very nice, comfortable bar where people of all ages actually come in dressed nicely casual.
Ron and Cindy Meinholz the proprietors have been taking care of vacationers for many years and they still smile at you like your one of there own Family. They ran a camp ground in Eagle River for many years, where we took our kids when they were young, before these enterpreneurs chose to change their occupation to build and run their new restaurant. They have done it with class and lots of it.
The food is better than outstanding, the menu consists of Canadian Walleye, Blackened Salmon, my Wife's favorite dish, the Butternut squash ravioli, stone fired pizza, Wisconsin Brie cheese on lingonberries, garlic buttered shrimp, and one of my favorites, a delicious carmalized baked onion soup. The ribs are also very tasty.
If you are looking for a nice place to relax and not have to be afraid of poor quality food, this independent restaurant is where it's at Up in Northern Wisconsin. We'll be back. Prosit!

1  Thank Glenn F

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We enjoyed parmesan crusted haddock and enchiladas. Both were tasty. The service was delightful and the food was worthy of a repeat visit. We were just vacationing in Eagle River and this was our first visit, but I would go back again.

1  Thank Karen&MikeTP
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Should have believed some of the other reviews...don't be fooled by the waiting lines...in this case they don't mean anything...the service was great but 2 out of 3 dinners were poor...my prime rib was not prime...toughest meat I have had in a long time and not very tasty...the chicken moroccan/curry...was heavy on the curry....and we like curry!

1  Thank Wayne O
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a few hours respite from the kids here - dinner was delicious! Their menu is unique - highlighting local Wisconsin specialty foods - and offers some very tasty choices: I had a tender roast of veal with mashed root vegetables and my wife chose the excellent baked haddock crusted with parmesan cheese. The bleu cheese salad dressing was chilled and so tasty that I'm sure it was freshly prepared. Their wine list is extensive, fun to peruse, and very reasonably priced. The ambiance was comfortable, yet classy. All of this and a server who was helpful, gracious, pleasant and very attentive. What more can you as for?

1  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The menu was a bit overwhelming...in a good way. Extensive wine list and nice selection of craft type beers. They have done a good job of highlighting some quality Wisconsin items and ingredients. This was my first visit, and I intend to return to sample more of the offerings. Another plus, the attention and welcoming of the host.

1  Thank Italyvacationer2010