“Very good!!!!”

Honey Bear
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Eagle River
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Urbana, Illinois
“Very good!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The best fish fry and Bloody Mary drink in the Eagle River area. Need I say more! Arrived at the Honey Bear a little before 6:30pm on a Friday evening and the wait was going to be an hour and a half. We were willing to wait. Walked over to the bar to order a drink and while standing there a couple sitting at a table for 4 by the bar offered their two empty seats to us. Wow! The people you meet up in Wisconsin have to be the nicest and most friendly people in the country. The fish fry comes with marble bread, I choose french fries and cole slaw as my sides with the perch; the meal was delicious! The Bloody Mary can almost be considered a meal of it's own with so many extras served on top. One of my favorite places to eat when visiting Eagle River.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank cmp618

Three Lakes, Wisconsin
“Best Lunch in Eagle River area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went to Honey Bear on Monday this week and once again enjoyed an excellent lunch!!
I the Club Sandwich which had so much meat on it I couldn't get my mouth over it. And the taste was simply the best club I have every had. One of my friends had the walleye and it was also excellent , 6 nice size lightly battered fillets with an excellent taste. The batter or flour covering the fish is very light and did not cover up the taste of the walleye, just perfect. Others in the group had Rubens or burgers of which all had generous portions of meat and excellent flavor.
You can also get here by boat going up the river from downtown which makes it even better for a lunch run. Service is good and the atmosphere is up northsy.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank don w
Chicago, Illinois
“Great fish fry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have been coming here for years. Favorite fish fry in the Eagle River area. They have their fish fry daily, so no need to only come in on a Friday only. They give you 2-3 peices of fish to start with. If you ask they will give you two additional peices. This is a small place, so the waits can be crazy to get a table. Friday's they limit their menu, as this overhelms their fryers.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank harborgal_chi
Algonquin, Illinois
“Great place and we will be back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had to start with the Bloody Mary which is better then I ever thought it could be a meal in itself! The soups were outstanding and definitely home made. It was Friday and the Walleye plate was the largest portion of fish I have ever gotten on a fish fry and good. The burger was huge and juicy and done with perfection. We will return soon to try more food at this Gem in Eagle River!

• Visited January 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent Friday night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there hoping for a good cocktail and a good meal and we were not disappointed! The brandy old fashioned was one of the best I've ever had, and the fish fry was excellent...nice and light with great fries, coleslaw and fresh bread on the side. Great food, friendly service and a fun and cozy "up north" atmosphere. Couldn't ask for more!

Visited December 2013

Been to Honey Bear? Share your experiences!