This is a reasonably-priced typical northern WI spot hosted by a friendly man named Fritz.
The #1 room was small but clean, and the TV and shower worked well.
Fritz is a font of knowledge regarding the area, and his sightseeing tips were spot on.He was also very helpful in providing a couple of small extras that had been left behind.
Two major issues:
1) The bed has only the very LARGE pillows which made for very uncomfortable sleeping.
2) A moderately light sleeper in a downstairs room would have trouble here if the room(s) above are occupied. The older construction of the building is reflected in that every step taken by someone in an upstairs room sounds like they are coming through the floor into the lower room. Our upstairs neighbors arrived at 1:30 am and left at 7:30 am, with much clanking and knocking each time, impossible to sleep through. With the hotel almost empty on an autumn night, we would have appreciated more assistance in regard to room placement from our host.
Unless you are a VERY sound sleeper, do not even consider a downstairs room in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the waterfront of the Eagle River chain of 28 lakes between Watersmeet and Yellow Birch lakes. The Inn has 14 cozy knotty pine paneled rooms. The 6 waterfront cottages have kitchens with enclosed porches. Enjoy the private grounds sunbathing, volleyball, a few shots at hoops, fishing off the dock, wading in the water and finish the day by roasting marshmallows on the fire pits. We are encompassed by Chequamegon - Nicolet National Forest, Northern Highland American Legion Sate Forest and Vilas County Forest that have XC ski, bike and hiking trails. Enjoy a day of fishing for Muskies, Walleye, Bass or pan fish in one of the over 1300 lakes or Trout in one of the many clear streams. Look for a Bald Eagle, Ruff Grouse, Deer, Bear or any of the other wildlife. We have access to over 600 miles of groomed Snowmobile Trails just across the street. Being only one mile west of downtown Eagle River, other activities and dining are a quick walk or drive. For those of you that need the outside connections we have cable TV and Wireless Internet Connections or just sit near the water’s edge and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Edgewater Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Hotel Eagle River