“Rude owner, mediocre pizza”
Review of Alexander's Pizza

Alexander's Pizza
Ranked #38 of 57 Restaurants in Eagle River
Cuisines: Pizza
Leawood, Kansas
“Rude owner, mediocre pizza”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We brought our grown sons in for lunch on their staff day off from camp. Not the treat we were hoping for! Really good pizza may have helped overshadow the unpleasant service and money-grubbing attitude of the proprietor. In addition to our order being taken incorrectly, everything in the restaurant smacked of the customer being nickel-and-dimed. From a $2 service charge for using a credit card (which would have been 5% on our order), to being convinced that we should buy bottled water rather than having tap water (from "hundred year old pipes"), to being argued with when I asked for straws, it was an experience we will not repeat! The final straw was the women's restroom - a room with a bold sign declaring it not for public use, with one of 2 stalls out of order and the saloon-style doors mounted so high that they provided no privacy.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Despicable Establishment”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I have been going to Alexander's for years regardless of the not so good food, poor service, and unclean environment, but due to a recently event my families longtime business will never be returning to Alexander's Pizza ever again. Our large party waited for our pizza for close to forty minutes, and when we got it one of the three pizzas were wrong. We told the server about the mistake, and proceeded to wait another thirty five minutes before my elderly grandmother decided to go to the counter to inquire about it. She stood off to the side of the counter and waited for the manager to come over and talk to her. He immediately interrupted her as she was speaking and jumped down her throat by saying our table refused the pizza and I (Alexander) did not mess up that was what your table ordered, but could not show a receipt since he didn't give us a copy! He was raising his voice and would not listen to her or explain himself calmly. She went back to her seat and after a few moments looked over to see the servers stranding there talking while holding our pizza. They would not bring it to us because they were to busy talking until our group began furiously waving at them! The server dropped the pizza down without saying a word. This rude service will not be tolerated among my family and we have found other fabulous restaurants in Eagle River so I would not waste your time!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Katie J
Conover, Wisconsin
“yuck!!!!! you”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had a coupon from restaurants.com and despite really bad reviews on trip advisor.cm and yelp, I decided to give it a try. I stood at the counter for 10 min while the owner ignored me and the kitchen simply looked at me. Finally a member of the kitchen staff came out to see if he could help me. I ordered. a pizza
and presented my coupon. The kitchen staff member called the owner over. H e said he would only honor the coupon ate the pizza at the restaurant. One look at the dingy,grungy restaurant made the decision for me. I declined and if that coupon was ever redeemed,it was not by me. I don't e erase plan to return.

• Visited July 2014
Saint Peter MN
“Not worth the stop”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Pizza crust was good but toppings were not worth the price. Canned mushrooms! No soap in women's bathroom & unlockable swing doors that are high enough to see under. Pricey & not impressive. Building in disrepair which I could overlook if the food was good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michelle S
Eagle River, Wisconsin
“pass”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

very bad pizza, great pinball machine. ham and cheese sammie is good. I would pass on this and butch's.
head to the cottage on catfish road, gordo's or log cabin.

• Visited March 2014