“Garbage Omelette”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 26, 2012

After two days of working in the Wisconsin North-woods, two hungry friends were ready for breakfast. No restaurants were open in Phelps, so on to Eagle River where the cars were packed in Leif's parking lot. Entering the restaurant, we were hit with that smell that you know means great food. We were seated quickly and the server was there before we got to sit down. The menu was focused but with plenty of choices. I was drawn to the Garbage Omelet first by the audacity of the name and then the great memory of the Garbage Plate I had in Rochester, NY. Though there was no link between the two, the cook didn't disappoint. The omelet was delicious and pretty big. I chose the pancake instead of toast which was equally as good. I will make this a must-stop on my future trips "Up Nort, Hey"!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We loved the food and service when we stopped for lunch at the bright and cheery cafe.
Everything was made from scratch and delicious. This is a gem in the Northwoods and a destination if you visit Eagle River.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The best breakfast around. It is very fresh and very good. I was surprised that my omlette did not come with Potatos I had to order them seperate. Only comes with toast. Coffee is weak too. That is why I did not rate the highest. The only place I go for Breakfast.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Have not been disappointed yet. Always a good meal. May have to wait during the busy season, but well worth it. Love their spaghetti and meatballs ( this is something I would usually not order), but do here!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great place to take your family for breakfast!

This is another regular stop for us when we are in Eagle River.

If you don't want breakfast be sure to try the homemade chicken and dumplings.

Been to Leif's Cafe? Share your experiences!