“Good variety and excellent food”
Review of Michael's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Michael's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Food is excellent and very well priced. Mushroom ravioli and lemon pepper grouper are out of this world. Sometimes it seems like there is a shortage of wait staff as service (especially for drinks) is slow.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We four friends went there for a celebratory dinner. Every aspect of our evening was exceptional which is rare in the hospitality industry. Four of us dined and rated each of our entrees an A+. The Fisher's Special (Sicilian chicken with a side of Gnocchi with Alfredo) was a delightful combination dinner. Their house vinaigrette is absolutely amazing. I buy it and the house marinara by the case as nothing in the grocery store compares for flavor and quality. We left fully satiated with two days' worth of wonderful leftovers. The Sicilian shrimp is also to die for. I've never left disappointed.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We came on a Saturday night and it was semi busy. Our waitress ignored us virtually our whole stay. The food took way too long to come out. The common bread also arrived right before our meal (about 45 minutes after we ordered).

My food was actually very good. I ordered Chicken with Gnocci. It was well cooked, and the Gnocci was tender and al dente. The sauce was creamy and buttery.

I'd go back again, but only if it was less busy.

17  Thank Ammon C
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We'd heard so many great reviews, we thought we had to try it. The place was packed, nice northwoods atmosphere, great cocktails. Then came the food. I ordered salad with blue cheese dressing, my husband ordered clam chowder. What a disappointment on both counts!! The blue cheese dressing I can only describe as a thick paste with some blue cheese added. It had a cream cheese consistency, I couldn't even spread it over the salad. The clam chowder was worse. It was a thin broth, not at all what he was anticipating. I ordered fettucine Alfredo, and it was fantastic, no doubt about it. But my husband ordered the ravioli with meat sauce. It was cloyingly sweet with a nasty smoky aftertaste. He could not eat it. I gave him half my fettucine. We told the waitress, she said nothing in response!!! I would not go back, not worth it for the overpriced food.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food a Michael's is simply Excellent! It doesn't matter if you order prime rib, steaks, or one of the pasta dishes as everything we have tried is very good. The Sicillian style prime rib is excellent and my personal favorite (lots of flavor in the cracker crust but yet still rare and juicy).
If you want a great meal and good service this is the place. We recommend it to all of our friends.
We eat out a lot at the various Eagle River and Three Lakes restaurants and this is our personal favorite.

1  Thank don w