“An Italian Gem in the Northwoods!”
Review of Michael's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Michael's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband loves a meaty ravioli in a meaty sauce. He has been disappointed in so many Italian restaurants until we found Michael's near our second home. Their house made sauces and salad dressing are amazing. The red sauce is a sweet basil type, but not a cloyingly sweet Chef Boy-ardee wannabe, you can taste the herbs and love that go into it. The variety of ravioli offered nightly satisfies my eclectic taste. We've also sampled the seafood and steaks and have truly enjoyed every meal we've selected from the menu. I have some food intolerances and allergies, Chef Michael has willingly come out of the kitchen to discuss preparation and ingredients when I've made special requests, to be sure my meal meets my needs. The wait staff is always friendly and attentive. Weekend nights can be busy, so come prepared to have a drink while you wait.

2  Thank BarbaraF841

Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is the second year I've visited Michael's and it's as good as I remember last time. The service was friendly and attentive, even with our large group. The food was delicious, I recommend the mushroom ravioli or the fish. So good!

2  Thank MrsH1983
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Eagle River. The food is wonderful. The waitstaff is always very nice and attentive. We love the table in front of the fireplace. Reasonable prices.

2  Thank Brooklynn B
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Every single employee we encountered was smiling, friendly and prompt. We went on a busy Saturday night (Cranberry Fest), only had to wait 20 minutes and the drinks we had in the meantime packed a punch. Italian food is the specialty; HUGE portions with authentic, terrific sauce - quite possibly the best eggplant parm I've ever had, but I wish their garlic bread had either been regular garlic bread OR garlic toast instead of an odd combo of both. The atmosphere of jovial patrons included families, bikers, tourists, townies, you name it. It is perfectly delicious and reasonably priced, to boot.

1  Thank MaryMMichigan
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The food was very good, I'd call it sweet Italian. Their red sauce was incredible. We really liked the lasagna and ravioli. Can't go wrong with the traditional fare. The decor isn't fancy, but it's up north and who cares if the food is great. Our kids loved it too.

1  Thank momtraveler01