“😐 Average experience.”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Was very excited to try Wicked Grill considering the rave reviews on TA. My husband and I strive to eat at TA's #1 restaurants. Needed to try the beer cheese soup because another TA review said it was the best he ever had. My husband and I both ordered a cup of beer cheese soup in which was brought to the table topped with croutons. After we took our first bite our eyes locked in subtle disappointment. Tasted like Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese without the noodle. Tasted fine but I would never think twice about it. We were asked if we would like dinner rolls rather than them being automatically brought to the table. Dinner rolls tasted like hamburger buns. Heard a man from a neighboring table tell his waitress that the alligator bites were "hard like wood" and he rapped one loudly on his plate. He said "you should be ashamed of these". Waitress simply said, "That's how they are suppose to be". Main entrees were ok. Hubby had a ribeye steak, 16 oz for $25.00, and he said it was "fine". He did get three coconut shrimp with his meal because it was tonight's special: "order any steak and get three coconut shrimp free". Son had a steak which was also ok. I had portobello mushroom sandwich topped with olive tapenade on ciabatta bread. Tapenade was ok and I love tapenade. Ciabatta bread was tasty. I am not sure we'd dine in again.

1  Thank catchthetrain
There are newer reviews for Wicked Grill

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Four of us drove from Iron River to have dinner. It was definately worth the trip. The service was excellent. I like to interact with our server and she was fun. I had the Wicked burger which is a challenge type thing...if you eat it, you get your picture on the wall! That burger didn't stand a chance! It was delicious and cooked just right. My wife had the cedar wrapped salmon which she said was excellent. Others in our group had the pulled pork and the coconut shrimp which were also good. I had the opportunity to chat with the owner on our way out also. He was a stand up guy who genuinely cared about our experience. I will definately return the next time we are passing through Eagle River!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice menu - great service. My daughter had the crab cakes; she loved them (weren't my favorite crab cakes, but they were tasty). She also had a cup of soup - the beer chefs soup - terrific. I had the walleye - and it was excellent. Fresh, sweet, and perfectly prepared. Service was friendly and attentive. This is a really good option in the Eagle River area.

1  Thank BoyleHall
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal at Wicked. My husband said it was the BEST beer cheese soup he's ever had. The alligator appetizer was delightful. Our entrees were both quite good. Service was a little slow, but the place was packed and we only saw one other server. We will be going back!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have always had wonderful meals here, even with previous owners. Our recent meal was no exception--my husband had the steak and I had Kobe beef tips with mushrooms and gnocchi. Fabulous!! Come early or make reservations---not a large place.