Eagle River Inn & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Eagle Pointe Villas(Eagle River)
Traveler's Inn(Eagle River)
View Hotel
Wild Eagle Lodge(Eagle River)
Chanticleer Inn(Eagle River)
View Hotel
All reviewspool and hot tubfront desk staffchain of lakespatiorenovationdockssnowmobile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The front desk staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was minimal, but the coffee was good. My biggest complaint was that the housekeeping was poor at best. The two times they did.clean the room they just tossed the quilt over the beds and left clean towels. They left the trash cans full. The carpet throughout is thread bare and dated. This place would be fine with some scrubbing and updating. They need to fix the hanging wall paper and get some decent towels and bedding.

• Stayed: July 2012
ZACHandMEGHAN, Owner at Eagle River Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Meghan and myself have taken direct action with the housekeeping and this should not be an issue again in the future. We are very aware that the place needs sprucing up and are getting ready to do a pretty major renovation this Fall. With our complimentary breakfast we are now offering sliced fresh fruit, homemade bananna bread, bagels, homemade muffins, cold and hot cereal, teas, juice, hot cocoa, and cofee. On the weekends we have a restaurant that serves massive portions for only $5.99. The hanging wallpaper has already begun to be taken off and getting prepped for some new paint. Check us out again this winter, we will have a new look.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I booked a room on a Saturday night, spent a restful evening, and enjoyed the view from the deck in the morning. Breakfast in the restaurant was great, everyone friendly. A week later I noticed an extra $250 charge on my Discover card, no explanation. After a couple of calls I was informed that I burned the carpet, and filled the room with smoke smell. They just took the $250 for damages. I was there. This did not happen on my watch. They refused to believe me, now we go to small claims. Beware!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary B
ZACHandMEGHAN, Owner at Eagle River Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Unfortunately there were several complaints from surrounding rooms about the smell of smoke. Atfer further investigation there was a burn on the carpet and an odor from someone smoking in the room and we have a very strict no smoking policy in our building.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay. Met the new owners which had just taken over. Very nice and energetic young couple that were very helpful. Found the lodge and rooms to be clean and the restaurant was good. Overall great place to stay and should only get better with the upcoming improvements

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the great review! Meghan and I are so pleased to have met you and all of the other wonderful guests that have been to our place. As new owners we are so excited to continue to meet new people and keep seeing familiar faces. We take pride in being a part of everyone's vacation and making it that much better for them.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

This was our 3rd year staying at the hotel for an annual winter trip. The hotel seems to get more dirty each year. On the last day of our 4 day trip I noticed very itchy spots on my hands, face and arms. As the spots progressed, I did some internet research and I realized that they could only be from bed bugs. My husband has noticed bites as well and he realized that a bug that he found in the room on the first day which he initially dismissed as a random beetle was a beg bug. He didn't know that a beg bug could be that big until we both did more research online. Be warned!!!!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank madison_fam4
ZACHandMEGHAN, Owner at Eagle River Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

As new owners since May of this year Meghan and myself had not heard anything about this issuse. Bed bugs are a very serious issue and we take extended measures to ensure as clean of room as possible.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

We had taken a fall color trip through the UP of Michigan, and decided to head once again to Eagle River, one of my favorite tourist type town. Many times we have tried to stay at Eagle River Inn, only to find it was booked full. This time we lucked out, actually there were only a handful of people staying. We got there early, and had to wait an hour before we could check in, as the room wasn't cleaned. We got a room on the main floor with sliding glass doors leading onto the patio. The day was a beautiful fall day, so we sat on the patio enjoying the weather and chatting with our neighbors.
Our room was nice and big with a recliner chair even and good sized refrigerator, table/chairs in the corner.
We decided to try their restaurant for supper. Only one other couple in there, but in the bar part it was packed with people, something special going on. We both ordered Hamburgers/fries. The burger was huge and tons of fries, no way could I eat but half of mine. We could have split one order if we had known you get so much to eat. It was nice sitting there looking out over the water, watching the sun going down.
The sunset on the water was so pretty, it was like glass. I hated to leave the next morning as it was a beautiful sunrise and supposed to be another beautiful day.
Oh yes, their continental breakfast left a lot to be desired!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kittycat66

The fall colors in Norhtern Wisconsin are some of the most beautiful that you can find. I would reccomend to anyone to come and check them out for yourself.