“Worst restaurant in Eagle River”

Sweet Water Spirits and Resort
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Eagle River
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Eagle River, Wisconsin
“Worst restaurant in Eagle River”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Worst restaurant in Eagle River! I have been here before for drinks, and you cannot really screw that up, but this time my father and I went for lunch. We sat down at a table and waited about ten minutes to be noticed and get menus. We ordered a pitcher of beer that came about 3/4 full. Maybe the waitress poured her self a beer on the way to our table. There were cartoons on the TV, and we had to ask the waitress twice to turn the ball game on in a bar that is clearly supposed to be a sports bar. Finally gave up and asked the bartender, who got to it eventually. We ordered a burger and a small pizza. After waiting about 25 minutes, my pizza was acceptable, totally mediochore, but adequate.
My fathers burger was stone cold, and the bun was literally cold from the freezer-not even room temperature, like it literally just came out of the freezer and they put it in a burger. Having working as a waitress for years, I can tell you what stupid moves they made in regards to this burger...the burger was made first and sat in the window so long the ther original bun burnt, so when the pizza was finally ready, the waitress complained about the state of the bun, so the crappy cook just shoved a new bun on it. Dad sent it back, and it reappeared, in a minute with limp lettuce and a bottom bun so soggy, that it demonstrated that all they did was microwave it in the back. What they should have done, and what any restaurant worth going to would do, is A. Not have served that burger, or have waited to make it based upon the timing of the pizza, but if some idiot cook allowed this to happen, then, B. The burger should have been replaced in its entirety, not microwaved (honestly, when it comes out in a minute, who are you kidding-we could tell it was the same burger.). Additionally, the manager should have come over and apologized and comped something.
On top of all of this, they do not have a functioning credit card machine. They cannot add a tip after they run a card...you have to tell what to add for tip. Not only is this stupid, but I am sure the credit card company does not endorse this...additionally, tips must be reported to the federal government for tax purposes. I am sure they are not reporting these tips, and are therefore illegally avoiding reporting income of their staff.
Just a crappy restaurant experience, and there are 5 other pizza joints in town that are a ton better.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Eloise E

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“nice food and lovely setting”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

the food was nice and plentiful, the waitstaff was very sweet. we will come back. we visited after our ride with the pirates hideway next door.

Visited July 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Good bar food. Very friendly people!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had cheese curds, BLTs, burgers, grilled cheese, chicken strips, bloody marys, beer, fries, sweet potato fries.. no complaints from the group, and had a very friendly waitress!

Visited July 2013
wisconsin
“Great local food”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Always eat here when we come up for vacation. Bar atmosphere, but above average bar food. They have daily specials and a fish fry which is very good. Outside seating in summer with slight view of lake. Really can't go wrong here.

• Visited January 2013
Eloy, Arizona
“Will definitely return”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We've been going to Eagle River for years but never ate at this restaurant before. My brother recommended it so we thought we'd give it a try. My husband and I thought the menu offered a variety of choices and daily specials. The night we were there the special was a broasted chicken and BBQ rib platter,(probably about 4-5 ribs in the portion). My brother said they were pretty meaty, came right off the bone and were moist. My husband ordered the broasted chicken and thought the portion was generous (he ordered all white meat). My grilled chicken sandwich was huge and I was given a very huge portion of sweet potato fries. One night of the week they offer Mexican food. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013