“pleasantly surprised”

Cobblestone Inn and Suites Durand, WI
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Durand
Reviewed June 21, 2011

A modern, clean, up-to-date hotel. Very pleasant staff. Comfortable king sized bed. Quiet, especially considering we were next to the parking lot.. Would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gneeaugi

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Great place to stay nice rooms for the price. hot breakfast and will help you any way possible.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank techonthemove
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I were delighted and so glad we picked this place to stay during our fall leaf tour in the area along the river. I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor before booking, and I liked what I read. We were very happy we stayed here, and the people were so friendly and went out of their way to make our one-night stay enjoyable. We enjoyed the very reasonably priced beer during the Happy Hour. Best of all was the room, and it was so quiet and the bed was so comfortable. If you are ever in the Durand, WI area, please do not hesitate to stop at this establishment; you will not be disappointed. Also, it is only a year old, and they have self-serve laundry facilities in case you are in the area for a longer stay and every thing is so fresh and new.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Given that this is the only hotel in town I was expecting mediocrity since a lack of competition tends to result in complacency. Much to my surprise, this place was actually pretty nice; on the caliber of a Hampton Inn. The furnishings and decor were tasteful, The beds very comfortable, and the staff friendly. If you have to stay in the tiny town of Durand for some reason, you don't have to worry if the only place to stay is a dump. It's actually rather pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gpatrick95
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This place was pretty decent; it was the nicest place I could find near where I needed to be for work. It smelled pretty weird in the room when I got there, but everything else was fine. Do be sure to check your credit card statements and reciepts after your stay, as I was charged twice and had to call a few times (as I wasn't being called back) to get it fixed. When I told her I wasn't called back she said she was busy....

The staff were friendly most of the time, but there was a few instances when they were a little rude. The colleague I was with said when he tried to check out and pay for his room, the woman at the counter kept telling him his card was declined. The credit cards were were using, however, are government credit cards, and there is no way our account would decline us. He had to make several phone calls to our office and to our credit card company, and as it turned out, the woman was entering his expiration date incorrectly.

I am saying that I would recommend this hotel to a friend simply because there are no other decent places to stay while in Durand. This is definitely the nicest place you can stay if, for some reason, you feel like staying in Durand, Wisconsin.

By the way, DO NOT GO to Alex's Pizza!!!! It is the stupidest pizza place I have ever been to. They bring out a pizza and about 30 people rush up to the "buffet" to get a peice and within seconds its all gone. Doesn't make sense.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank SchmooChew

Been to Cobblestone Inn and Suites Durand, WI? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cobblestone Inn and Suites Durand, WI

Address: 325 W Prospect St, Durand, WI 54736-1124
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Durand
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Durand
Price Range: $89 - $114 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Cobblestone Inn and Suites Durand, WI 2.5*
Enjoy a convenient location near everything Durand has to offer. Situated near Chippewa Valley Hospital Oakview Care Center, this hotel offers easy access to Highway 25, Highway 10, and is only a couple blocks from the Chippewa River. Nearby corporate offices include Badger Communications, Bauer Built, Countryside Co-op, and Marron Foods. The Cobblestone Inn and Suites Durand is also in close proximity of the Pepin County Housing Authority and many other Pepin County Facilities. Stay connected and relaxed while exploring or working in Durand with complimentary Wi-Fi access, 24-Hour Business Center, complimentary hot breakfast, Mini-Microwaves, Mini-Refrigerators, and so much more. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Cobblestone Inn and Suites Durand, WI reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.