Richards Motel & Restaurant
Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain(Iron Mountain)(Great Value!)
$59
$49
Mountain Host Motor Inn(Iron Mountain)(Great Value!)
$65
$98
Comfort Inn(Iron Mountain)
$89
ComfortInn
Budget Host Inn Iron Mountain(Iron Mountain)(Great Value!)
$45
Super 8 Iron Mountain(Iron Mountain)
$61
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Love their friday fish fry. Plenty of food for the cost. Friendly and attentive staff. We order the cod and perch. Very flavorful and always came nice and hot. Home made potato chips if you want, two types of coleslaw, beans and soft bread. Mix drinks were perfect. Never have left disappointed or still hungry.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopped in there on our snowmobiles today for lunch. We sat at the bar, just ordered one soda. I got the chicken dumpling soup which the waitress said was one of their specialties, the french dip and my husband got a burger w/ fries. The soup was ok but very watery. It was the worst french dip I've had in my life, the meat just wasn't tasty at all and the bread wasn't really warm/toasted. My husband didn't like his burger much either. With that it was almost $25 for what we got! Most other restaurants my french dip would have been better and come with a side for the same price. The funny part was the waitress commented on how there weren't many snowmobilers out because of the cold but on our way back the bar/grill down the street had over 30 snowmobiles parked outside if it (no one others besides us at Richards). Guess we stopped at the wrong place! I would say though that the waitress was VERY friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Thought that we would give the place a try, seeing as it was under new ownership. My wife ordered the chicken, which has always been a specialty here since it was first called "The Chicken Shack" many a decade ago, and today it still is good as ever. She was quite satisfied and happy with her meal. I ordered for myself a plain old burger. When asked how I would like it cooked, I told the waitress "Browned through", but it came to the table pure red and dripping blood-it was hot, so I couldn't say that it hadn't been on the grill, but if it Had, it was only long enough to warm it from the refrigerator. When I asked the waitress, I was told that "I thought you wanted it that way!". She offered to bring me another one, but by that point my wife had finished her chicken and rather than make her sit and watch me eat, I decided to skip it. The bloody mess on the bun had pretty much finished my appetite in any case. It probably was an honest mistake and not some practical joke, but it did put me off from coming back again anytime real soon. And, yes-the prices have risen considerably under the new owners.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Richard's is known in the area for their marinated, broasted chicken. It is always tender, juicy, crispy and downright YUMM. Service is a bit slow at times, even when they are not busy, but the food is always very good. We live in the area, so have never stayed at the motel, but we frequent their restaurant. I have to admit I'm a bit biased as they "saved the day" for our wedding reception. Their menu offers chicken dinners and they do not sell buckets of chicken, but when I called in tears and asked if they would sell me a 30 piece "bucket" of chicken, explaining that I had burned the pot of chili we were serving at the reception, they briefly discussed it and then asked if I could give them an hour to cook that amount of chicken. So in my book, they are fantastic!!
We did have a "bad" experience there once. My husband ordered a well done hamburger, which they offer cooked to order. It arrived medium rare...the waitress had mixed it up with another table. This was annoying as there were only four tables in the place, but an honest mistake and our only negative experience in years of going there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

As a conessiour of Supper Clubs throughout Wisconsin, I had high hopes for Richards Restaurant, after driving past it for years, but they found many ways to dissapoint.

Richards is the only true restaurant on about a 30 mile strech of Highway 8 in Wisconsin. This might be why they set the bar so low. The bar selection is very limited, and our bartender had an attitude about serving us (maybe because we were not regulars). When we were seated in the dining room, we noticed a kind of "moldy" smell, and it was quite warm - (no real A/C, just a wall mounted unit). In spite of this, the menu had a lot of options, but we noticed everything about 20-30% more expensive than most supper clubs we frequent (about 10-15 different ones per year). I also was surprised that the salad bar was an additional $6.00, as these are typically included with your meal. Our guests with us at the table ordered steaks, and we ordered baked shrimp. Our guests though that the steaks were tough and overdone for medium-rare, and almost got into an argument with the waitress about it. My shrimp was OK, but covered in grease and butter. I had to wipe a lot off with a napkin to eat. I would've classified the experience as the lower end of average, but when we got our bill, I noticed that the drinks that we had ordered from the bar, were added onto the bill, despite the fact that we paid for them at the bar already. The waitress argued with me about this, and in the end took it off. It just seemed the entire time we were here the staff running the restaurant was resentful that we were there. Of all the Supper Clubs that I've been to, this is the first that I wouldn't return for at least a second try. Side note: a very threatining "salad be sharers will be charged" sign graces the salad bar, and was very funny.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends