“Delicious Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Have been there multiple times over the years, and I am still going back. Love the variety of sandwiches (especially the turkey with cranberry chutney on the multigrain), soups, and salads (and I'm not a salad person, but I love the Chicken Caesar). The fresh made chips with the meal and a luscious dessert at the end cap off a wonderful meal. Portions are plenty, and I usually go home with a box. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mrocks1

Wisconsin
“My destination restaurant when visiting SW Wisconsin”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The daily soups alone are worth the trip. My favorite is mushroom bisque but you cant' go wrong with any of their soups. I highly recommend the Tasty Turkey sandwich for lunch (my default favorite) if I am not tempted by their creative daily specials. Even when I am back in Los Angeles, I follow the Cooks Room FB page and "drool" over the daily menu specials. A great place for gathering for a quick (or leisurley) lunch without the fast food flavor. I recently tried their Ginger Molasses cookie for dessert and have added it to my favorite list. I also took home a Cranberry Orange loaf for a later treat with a cup of tea. Great decision on my part, because it was a perfect ending to my day. This is one of those places that I enjoy more every time I visit and always leave happy, satisfied and wanting to come back for more.

• Visited April 2014
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love going into the Cooks Room, There is always a nice greeting as you walk in, and its just a nice atmosphere. They have a great menu. And the Coffee is perfect every time!

Visited March 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great small town restuarant!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

A group of friends and I stopped here on our way to Madison one evening. I found it on this website and we stopped based on the reviews. We were very pleased with the whole experience. We sat in the loft area it was very cozy. The food was excellent! Everyone in the group really enjoyed their meals! The humus and guacamole were fantastic in the dip trio starter. I had the salmon and found that to be very delicious as well. Overall great experience! Definitely will go back. One suggestion I would make would be to have it marked more clearly as we had trouble finding it right away since we weren't familiar with the area. Once we found it, couldn't have asked for a better time!

• Visited December 2013
Holland, Michigan
“Surprising hole in the wall”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch and had the special harvest ham sandwich and cream of artichoke soup. Both first rate. Sat in the front window, which was okay, but discovered the much more cozy back room on the way out. Lots of tea and coffee options.

Visited November 2013