“Love the food & atmosphere!”
Review of Cooks Room

Cooks Room
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Dodgeville
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Love the food & atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I celebrated our anniversary here. The atmosphere is romantic. We sat in the upper lever. The food was excellent. I had salmon & my hubby had steak. Both were nice size portions and offered an excellent selection of veggies. The prices reflect the quality of food. The service is friendly. Give them a try and you'll be happy you did!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Paddipooh

Dodgeville, Wisconsin
“A change for the better”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cook's room has changed ownership and added weekend evening dining. They have been good in the past, but are now even better. The lunches and coffee service remain very good - probably the best in town, but the addition of weekend dining make this a truly wonderful additon to the downtown area. Meals are upscale and worth the higher prices. This is no fast food - these meals are on par with any of the nicer restaurants in Madison or Dubuque. The staff is not top notch, but they are timely and friendly and the meals were excellent. The decor is simple and classy, not elegant, just nice.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jesse D
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Food & Service!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Cook's Room is an excellent restaurant. My family and I stopped in to order a specialty coffee this morning. (They are the best in town for this.)

My wife was so impressed with the knowledge and service that she suggested we eat lunch there. We came back and had a delicious lunch with friendly service. The Cook (Joe, the owner) came out to greet us and make sure we enjoyed our meal. When he reviewed this evening's specials, we decided to come back for dinner as well.

Dinner was great. Joe specializes in steak and seafood entrees. My daughter and I both had salmon. She said it was the best salmon she had tasted. My wife enjoyed a steak which had a delicious rub seasoning. Again, the service was great and Joe came out to make sure we enjoyed out meal.

We highly recommend the Cook's Room for anyone visiting Dodgeville or who lives in the vicinity. The prices were reasonable ---- and kids eat free on Thursday nights (with real food, not just hot dogs). Great value.

If we are ever back in Dodgeville, we will be sure to eat here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TheJoust
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Very expensive”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a group of 7 - service and food was very good - but very expensive. The chef is very good. The atmosphere is cafe like - so for this type of food at dinner time - the atmosphere does not work for this pricing.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Missy B
Madison, Wisconsin
“best steak I've eaten”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I chose their Machacca Ribeye. A healthy size so I was able to take some home for lunch the next day. It was excellent.

Service was great, too. So happy they're open in the evenings now. We'll be back.

A $5 glass of wine was surprisingly good, too.

• Visited February 2013