“This place is awesome !!!!!”

Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dodgeville
Reviewed September 1, 2008

This place was simply awesome. We booked a romantic weekend in a whilrpool room and were very impressed with the amount of space and the homey feel our room had. From the time we arrived, the staff was so nice, always attending to our needs with a smile. Our room was huge and we could have probably fit another whole bed in the bathroom. We have stayed in other whirlpool rooms before, but were really impressed by this one. The whirlpool was in the bedroom area and filled fast, so we could enjoy it whenever we wanted, unlike some other places we had stayed where we had to wait all night for the tub to fill. Besides the whirlpool bath, we had a full bath and shower in the bathroom and plenty of closet space. We came to town to attend a show at the American Player's Theater and only booked the weekend. We almost wish we would have had more time. We didn't even have time to check out the pool or the workout area. And there was a great lobby area with a fireplace. The breakfast was also very good and offered a wide variety of choices for both of us.Overall we were very impressed with everything and will defintely try staying here again in the future. With all the little extras - artwork, microwave and refrigerator and wreaths that decorated the walls, it truly was a home away from home. Thanks for rmaking our romantic weekend away so special.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emcdonald27

Reviewed August 18, 2008

We arrived here after being mishandled by a hotel/waterpark nearby (rude, inconsiderate). Here, the front desk not only accepted a coupon-book coupon, but suggested and allowed us to use, another discount we were totally unaware of! They were always helpful and managed the place to live up to it's name (QUIET!!), They have a very nice indor/outdoor pool and we swam OUTSIDE, through the pool-passage, during a very cold, snowy evening -very unusual experience and fun! (We made snow-angels while in our bathing suits!!) Room was average but totally acceptable. They had make-your-own waffles, made in flip-over irons, and a nice breakfast overall. We stayed an extra night(!), three nights total. The people and atmosphere here totally reflect the local ambiance, instead of trying to be like downtown.

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed May 28, 2008

The room was clean, charming and big. It had a couch and several comfortable chairs, in addition to the bed. We had a king size bed room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was average size, nothing special.
Standard continental breakfast in the lobby. Everything was fine. The pool was great. You can swim back and forth between indoors and outdoors. I've never seen that before. The jacuzzi was too small and too hot. It seemed to be scalding hot. In fact, my wife's legs were very red (red like burn marks) where they had been in the jacuzzi water for about 45 seconds. But forget the jacuzzi. Who needs it? The heated pool was the perfect temperature and lots of fun.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2007

This was a very nice hotel. The front desk was great at night. The views were excellent. There are many good restaurants nearby. I stayed at a log suites, which was very good. In the morning, for breakfast, which was the best, the staff let me take it to my room, which is not common for hotels these days. According to the staff anyone can take the breakfast up to there rooms. I'm surprised of all the bad reviews but I had a great stay. The suite was very clean, had a microwave, and a refrigerator. The pool was great! They had a swim through pool. You can go from the inside to the outside/ My kids really loved it! I hope to come back to this hotel, and I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Dude1234
Reviewed July 11, 2006

There must be better choices for a hotel if we return to Dodgeville (and will seek them out for sure.) The place is quiet, but the breakfast is as mentioned in another review a true waste of time. The rooms are badly in need of updating.

Stayed: July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 5, 2005

Upon arrival I had to use my cell phone to call the hotel to get someone to come to the front desk even though I was pressing the buzzer. Not a good start. I had booked online and quoted a AAA price of around $85. The guy at the front desk asked if I was in town on business (I was) and so he lowered the price to $69. Getting better. The guy then said that I was in a smoking room, which I had not ordered. He went on to tell me that I had made a mistake and ordered a smoking room and told me how to properly reserve a room. I checked the email confirmation from Best Western later in the day, it showed a non-smoking room had been ordered. So now I don’t have the King size bed as they’re sold-out in non-smoking rooms. Back to getting worse. The breakfast is terrible, the selection of cereals include Trix, Cinnamon something-or-other and Lucky Charms, all sugar cereals. Even the yogurt is Trix brand. The fresh fruit is mealy apples, I saw a banana one day but it was brown and I haven’t seen any since. Lastly the wireless Internet connection is worthless. You can connect to it but little or no data is received. If you have sugar eating kids and not on business this place may work for you (assuming they have the reservation correct) but if you’re in town for business stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2004

The rooms are spacious, the landscaping well designed to keep highway noise to a minimum. Lovely pool area, friendly staff.

One caution: I had booked a corporate rate through my travel club (which I've always been told I get because of their bulk buying power, and I've never been questioned about this elsewhere) but upon check-in had to tussle because their policy is you must be traveling officially on business to get a corporate rate. Two others checking in at the same time had booked online (one through BW's site and one through Orbitz) and had also entered their corporate numbers and were being refused. Had there not been three of us there threatening to take our business elsewhere, the rate probably would not have been honored...this only happened after the manager called BW corporate, and returned to say "we don't have to honor it but we will."

Other than this nasty little scene, it was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodgeville
Don Q Inn
Spring Valley Inn
Spring Valley Inn
#1 of 6 in Spring Green
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Platteville, WI

Been to Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!