“Great hotel, Nice breakfast”

BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites - Dodgeville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dodgeville
United States
“Great hotel, Nice breakfast”
Reviewed October 10, 2007

This was a very nice hotel. The front desk was great at night. The views were excellent. There are many good restaurants nearby. I stayed at a log suites, which was very good. In the morning, for breakfast, which was the best, the staff let me take it to my room, which is not common for hotels these days. According to the staff anyone can take the breakfast up to there rooms. I'm surprised of all the bad reviews but I had a great stay. The suite was very clean, had a microwave, and a refrigerator. The pool was great! They had a swim through pool. You can go from the inside to the outside/ My kids really loved it! I hope to come back to this hotel, and I would definitely recommend it!

• Liked — The staff, clean rooms, awesome rooms!
  • Disliked — Nothing really!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Dude1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed July 11, 2006

There must be better choices for a hotel if we return to Dodgeville (and will seek them out for sure.) The place is quiet, but the breakfast is as mentioned in another review a true waste of time. The rooms are badly in need of updating.

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 5, 2005

Upon arrival I had to use my cell phone to call the hotel to get someone to come to the front desk even though I was pressing the buzzer. Not a good start. I had booked online and quoted a AAA price of around $85. The guy at the front desk asked if I was in town on business (I was) and so he lowered the price to $69. Getting better. The guy then said that I was in a smoking room, which I had not ordered. He went on to tell me that I had made a mistake and ordered a smoking room and told me how to properly reserve a room. I checked the email confirmation from Best Western later in the day, it showed a non-smoking room had been ordered. So now I don’t have the King size bed as they’re sold-out in non-smoking rooms. Back to getting worse. The breakfast is terrible, the selection of cereals include Trix, Cinnamon something-or-other and Lucky Charms, all sugar cereals. Even the yogurt is Trix brand. The fresh fruit is mealy apples, I saw a banana one day but it was brown and I haven’t seen any since. Lastly the wireless Internet connection is worthless. You can connect to it but little or no data is received. If you have sugar eating kids and not on business this place may work for you (assuming they have the reservation correct) but if you’re in town for business stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2004

The rooms are spacious, the landscaping well designed to keep highway noise to a minimum. Lovely pool area, friendly staff.

One caution: I had booked a corporate rate through my travel club (which I've always been told I get because of their bulk buying power, and I've never been questioned about this elsewhere) but upon check-in had to tussle because their policy is you must be traveling officially on business to get a corporate rate. Two others checking in at the same time had booked online (one through BW's site and one through Orbitz) and had also entered their corporate numbers and were being refused. Had there not been three of us there threatening to take our business elsewhere, the rate probably would not have been honored...this only happened after the manager called BW corporate, and returned to say "we don't have to honor it but we will."

Other than this nasty little scene, it was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodgeville
Round Barn Lodge
#1 of 6 in Spring Green
Super 8 Dodgeville
Super 8 Dodgeville
#1 of 5 in Dodgeville

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites - Dodgeville? Share your experiences!