“Great place to take my mom for her 80th”

Duck Inn Supper Club
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Delavan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My mother has been going to the Duck Inn for nigh on 40 years. I have only been there around Christmas time when the place is decorated so nicely. Her birthday coincided with Mother's Day this year, so, a reservation was in order - and well we did - the place was packed.

I had half a dozen blue-point oysters for starters, while my mom had a spinach salad - superb. Had some lovely pretzel crusted freshwater bluegill while my mom had the walleye. Fresh and fantastic. The service was great, the bread excellent and plentiful and the fish fresh.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Duck Inn for the perch fish fry on Friday for years. Excellent perch and potato pancakes. Joyce is an excellent waitress who takes care of you without feeling like you're rushed. Jeff

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went for Friday night fish fry. Waited 30 minutes beyond reservation time for a table, then waited even longer for dinner to make it to the table. Fish fry should be served rather quickly,especially since it's featured plus it's not heavy prep meal. Very disappointed in treatment we were given. Food was only okay (get the baked fish over the fried) but potato pancakes were terrible. More like flour "potato" lumps. All in all, I'd say skip this place and find something better.

2  Thank Susan F
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We arrived to servers standing around the the entrance. I asked if we could have a table. They seemed surprised by my question. The dining room had many open tables. The server stated she wasn't sure where she was "allowed" to seat guest. She attempted to ask the owner but he was occupied and ignored her. We ordered the scallops 2 for $12...... I requested a vegetable instead of a potato the server said there would be an additional charge with my entree costing $29, I had to ask the cost. $7.....really $7 to add a vegetable. Servers fingers are stained red from plating apple garnish. Gross....how much dye is used to create these! I wish I would have taken a picture of the blob of mostly breading stuff snapper covered is some tasteless cream sauce. Very disappointed.

2  Thank RachelleWhitewater
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had dinner here on a Friday night. It was fish fry, but I had the duck with orange sauce. I was impressed when I asked what items were gluten free, that the waitress came back with a paper listing the dishes. She said this request is becoming more common! My husband enjoyed the fish fry & my son had the new york strip, which he couldn't finish! The service was good, considering it was busy. We sat in the back room.