“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Delavan
Lubbock, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at the sky lodge just this last weekend while I was in Delavan attending a funeral. The room was clean. comfortable and good size. The bed was fantastic. The owners are extremely nice people.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie S
WaterFireEarth, Owner at Sky Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed at the Sky Lodge Inn for one night while attending the Sky Circus on Ice at Lake Lawn Resort. We've stayed at the resort and loved it, but the rates for the weekend were much higher than we wanted to pay. The Sky Lodge Inn was 1/3 of the price and based on reviews here, we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed.

When we arrived, we were checked in by the owner. He was a great help with recommendations on where to eat, etc. He continued to be helpful (and friendly) when we needed clean sheets (due to a spill), extra towels and paper plates. There is no elevator, so be aware to request a ground floor room if you are unable to climb stairs. The carpet on the stairways and hallways looked tired and a little stained. However, it is the middle of a very snowy/wet winter so that is almost to be expected. Our room was in good repair though and was very clean. Our room had obviously just been painted. The beds were very comfortable (felt like a memory foam mattress). We could hear our neighbors at some points in the night, but I think there was a group traveling together that had gathered. They quieted down at a decent time and we just turned on some white noise and it was fine. The pool is very small, but fulfills its purpose.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
WaterFireEarth, Owner at Sky Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stopped in for a getaway weekend for the Lake Geneva snow sculptures. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was very comfortable and needed slight repairs, but when we walked to our room we seen that they were already updating other rooms! Very promising to see. The hot tub was not running, not sure why but, we were happy to chill in our room. The pool was small but families did not seem to mind. Very nice convenient location to attractions in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room, but for the value I'm sure any room is fine. And if you are seeking Hot Tu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WaterFireEarth, Owner at Sky Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My family and I had a very comfortable stay. The rooms were very clean,quiet, and well kept. The continental breakfast was small but good. The owners and staff were very friendly and gave personal attention. The price was excellent and the area was beautiful. We will certainly stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Redondo Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at the Sky Lodge for one night extending my Delavan vacation for an additional day.
I had stayed at this motel a few years ago and was very satisfied. Once again I found the owners to be very accomodating, on a walk-in reservation. The rooms are large, I had a handicapp accessible room, clean and comfortable. The refrigerator in the room was nice.. Some of the rooms had coffee makers, mine did not.. I would like to see the whirpool in the pool area opened again, maybe next time it will be. Overall I would definitely recommend this motel if you are looking for a more affordable stay .and close to the everything around Delavan and Lake Geneva area..

Room Tip: I choose a room on the first floor, I did not see any elevator to the second floor. My brother had...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AquadicLady
Reviewed August 16, 2013

When staying in the Delevan area, the Sky Lodge is always a good choice. I have stayed there many times over the years and find the new owners very friendly and accommodating. The property is perfectly located for fun on Delevan Lake, Lake Como & Williams Bay and just 10 minutes from Lake Geneva. I have noticed boaters "are welcome". The rooms are spacious and always clean. I brought my Bike with me on this trip and the owners provided me with a first floor easy-access room to accommodate, thank you!

Earlier in the week my sister happened to be staying at one of the near by resorts, and there was a 1 day "over lap" in our getaways. When she saw my accommodations, she decided to extend her getaway for another day, and checked in at the Sky Lodge! Being a big believer in "leaving the cell phone behind" during my getaways, the owner was kind enough to relay messages from my sister :)

The lakes offer all motor and non-motorized activities. Or hit the beach in Williams Bay, or just enjoy the relaxing views and sunsets.

If you are looking for a quite, clean, comfortable & economical stay, this is your best option. Then treat yourself to some great dinners at The Supper Club, Mars and breakfast at Daddy Maxwell's!

Thanks Sky Lodge!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tikisteve
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We found the new owners/managers, Raju and his wife, to be pleasant and accommodating. The hotel was clean, updated, and the linens were new and crisp. When I forgot my pillow, the owner called my home leaving a message, and was amenable to getting it back to me. I will always stay there.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
Lake Lawn Resort
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#11 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Been to Sky Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!