“Very nice wine and a wonderful host”

Staller Estate Winery
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Delavan
More attraction details
Owner description: Staller Estate Vineyard and Winery located near Delavan, Lake Geneva and Lauderdale Lakes. Staller Estate provides a variety of award winning wines in a relaxing, picturesque setting for all to enjoy.Voted best winery in the Milwaukee area 2010, Staller Estate Winery is one of Wisconsin’s must see places to visit. Staller Estate features award winning wines set in a unique picturesque setting. Staller Estate produces only grape wines primarily from winter hardy varietals, which are unique to the region. We will provide a relaxing and educational wine experience for all of our guests at Staller Estate.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The trip from Delavan to the Staller Winery is a bit of a drive. But it is all country driving, very scenic. I am glad that we had GPS otherwise it would have been a little more of a challenge but WORTH the time. The wine tasting is free of charge. The winery also offers a wine and cheese option for a fee. We did the tasting and as we were the only couple there at 4 in the afternoon we were lucky enough to have one of the owners as our host. She is very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Winery and their vintages. This is a winery with a very unique story. The owners bought an old farm and started the winery from scratch after college and (in my opinion) are to be commended for their perseverance in the early years. The wines are very good and we enjoyed one of our bottles at the resort with some cheese. BTW if you need a corkscrew the Walmart is just around the corner from the Lake Lawn Resort. We will be back to this winery again.

1  Thank Rockydays
Joe S, Owner at Staller Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for the great review. Wendy says hello and she had a very nice time sharing her passion for wine with you both!! We are also glad you had a GPS as we are off the beaten path, and quiet seclusion from our busy lives! But we are a 15-20 minute drive from Delavan, Lake Geneva, Whitewater, Janesville, Elkhorn and about 25 minutes from the Wisconsin Illinois border. We are also happy to give easy directions if you give us a quick call.
We have followed a unique path in this endeavor, but it all stems from our love for family, passion for farming and appreciation of wine aesthetic. Typically you will find Wendy and I either sharing a wine tasting with a guest, tending the vineyard fields or caring for our growing family. All activities we have a great love and passion for!
BTW we also sell at least 5 different types of corkscrews, some with a better price than Wal-mart ;)
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was at least my fourth visit to Staller Estate Winery. As always the staff is friendly and attentive to all of the customers. This was just a quick visit to purchase a couple of bottles of Ruby Classico and some of the delicious shortbread cookies, both varieties.
In the past I have done wine tasting and toured the wine making facility.
I will be back!

Thank you for stopping back in at Staller Estate Winery. We are very proud of all of the loyal customer that we have and are very grateful to all of you, THANK YOU. The Ruby Classico PORT wine release was a great success and another great vintage. We have numerous events throughout the year; special wine releases that include Wisconsin cheese, artisan chocolate and gourmet food pairings, Wine pairing dinners, private wine tastings, cork craft events vineyard activities and many more. We typically have something going every week. Stop in again soon so you do not miss any excitement!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Impressive grounds, buildings, and vineyard as you drive up. Small family owned winery; Established in 2007.

Inside, you will find the tasting room and gift shop. Both are decorated very nicely and plenty of wine related accessories. Wine tasting: complimentary samples at the tasting bar or sample flight of your 4 picks served at a table with crackers for $5. We chose; Blanc de Crescent, Horizon Cuvee, Estate Reserve and a Lady in Red. We enjoyed our tasting flight in their sun room that overlooked the vineyard.

Outside, there is plenty of room for special occasions and events. The Staller Winery Events look very nice and inviting. Example: “Violins in the Vineyard” and “Wine and Dine Paring”.
All the wines are great. All grape wines, appears to be all estate grown grapes too! We purchased a bottle of the Horizon Cuvee (a semi-dry white wine).

We will go back!

1  Thank Silver-Ingot
Joe S, Owner at Staller Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words!! We are very happy that you had a nice time and that we were able to give you a unique Wisconsin Winery experience. You are correct, all our wines are made on-site from cold hardy grape varieties. Your choice, The Horizon Cuvee, is our most popular white wine. We also have other wines types from Port Wine and Ice Wine to dry oak-aged red wines. We also offer light food options to pair with the wines including over a dozen artisan Wisconsin Cheeses, cured meats, olives, fruit and bread baked fresh daily. We are also always adding new wines and food options.
We look forward to your return visit, and another Great Wisconsin Wine experience. :)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I decided to drive to Staller since it's only an hour from Madison. As we walked in we found the place to be charming. I nice Wisconsin touch! Once inside we looked around then decided to try the wine. Man were we happy! My wife who is not a big fan of white wines liked them so much we bought a bottle of each which thrilled me, because I'm usually talking her into buying whites.
Now my wife is a red drinker and I'm not much of one. But I was thrilled with the red and ended up buying a few bottles. I found there to be a nice match of sweet reds as well as oak flavored ones which will go perfect with steaks on the grill. . This place is a hidden gem in Wisconsin and we will return!

1  Thank geomm74
Joe S, Owner at Staller Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for visiting Staller Estate Winery, we are glad that you had a nice time and that you found some wines that you liked. Our goal is to have great wines for everyone and every level of wine passion. We also strive to make a the wine tasting experience enjoyable, educational and completely unintimidating. We also have a multitude of wine-food pairing options from cured meats, bread baked fresh daily and many types of chocolates and truffles. Also, thank you for coming from Madison. We actually have quite a number of customers from Madison that enjoy fresh locally made products.
We are off the beaten path our farm Estate is in the quiet country setting but we are centrally located between Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago. We are about 15 miles from Lake Geneva, 10 miles from Delavan and Janesville and 5 miles from Whitewater.
Thanks again for stopping and we look forward to your return to the winery!!
Joe and Wendy Staller

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Partner and I dropped in on a Sunday afternoon, a large party of people were holding a 60th birthday party. They seemed to be having a very jolly time. There was plenty of room for us, another table of 8 and a group of 4 who arrived after us. The flights are inexpensive and we could select what ever struck our fancy that was in stock. We selected different wines and shared glasses for a total of 8 different selections. We really enjoy ice wine and did pay extra to each have a sample of that.
The help was friendly in not particularly knowledgable. Tours are available if you arrange it with them ahead of time. Their is a small gift shop and many paintings by a local artist. It is no way to kill any great deal of time but if you pass near do stop in. The highlight was the very tasty crackers available for cleansing the palate between glasses. I did have to ask for these and suppose I could have had water if I'd asked for it. Both are things that I felt should have been automatic with the flight tasting.
I did take home ice wine and two other bottles of red wines. The gift shop has some tasty chocolate and shortbread cookies made by a local woman. The cookies came in 3 tempting flavors but I was able to resist, the chocolate was enough. Not much to see or do here except the tasting.

Joe S, Owner at Staller Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for the kind words and we are glad that you had an overall enjoyable experience at Staller Estate Winery. We did have a good group last Sunday however we were unexpectedly short staffed. On a normal day you will receive a wine tasting directly from either Wendy or myself (with water and cleansing crackers included!, sorry). We also like to inform our guests that we bake bread fresh daily and have an extensive cheese selection, cured meats, dried fruit, chocolate truffles for pairing with our selections of wines. We are off the beaten path, about 20 minutes from Lake Geneva and 10 minutes from the city of Delavan, but many of our guests find our quite seclusion a relaxing retreat from their stay in Lake Geneva. Guests are welcome to sit at a table in our expansive indoor gazebo or sunroom and watch the hummingbirds out the wall of windows, or outdoors on our back terrace patio, in the open vineyard picnic area or anywhere in the vineyard you can find the seclusion you are looking for. Next time you are driving by and stop in please make sure you ask for Wendy or Joe and we will be happy to give you a private tour and tasting and show you all the fantastic nooks and crannies of our Estate.
Joe and Wendy Staller