“65th birthday celebration”

Lake Lawn Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Delavan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We have been loving lake lawn for over 30 years. It has seen some bad times and was even closed for a few months. It now seems better than ever and was busier than ever the weekend we were there. The rooms are nicely remodeled, some with fireplaces. You can get a loft room with an upstairs bedroom for the kids. Unique is the layout of the property. There are several lodges connected to the lobby and restaurant buildings by glass enclosed walkways. They form a huge circle right on delevan lake. The kids love to roam the loop and can never get lost. Lookout bar has good food. There is also an upscale frontier restaurant. Check out their website.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Woodsy and cozy. Perfect for the entire family. We love it here!! Great food. Great service. Kids love the pool area. Husband loved snoozing in the oversize leather furniture. No need to leave the property, although the surrounding area is great also!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I went to that place February 15 and 16 for their first winter kite festival. That was excellent! The place is very nice with several fireplaces inside and outside, several restaurants for everybody. A nice indoor pool. Rooms are very comfortable and it's clean. The personnal was very polite. That's a place I'm looking for to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lake side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I decided that we needed a weekend getaway, and decided that Lake Lawn Resort would be somewhere different. We had not been there for about 20 years and remembered it as a great place to stay. We were there February 7-9, 2014. We were very happy with our decision! Our room was very nice! The bathroom had a nice massaging type of tub and was very nicely decorated. The rooms are done in a cabin type of décor. They have refrigerator, microwave and a safe. Check in was quick and easy. We found out that there would be a wine and cheese guest reception, which we attended, and was nice. Also there was a teaser hour twice a day at the Frontier bar which had very nice appetizers and drinks on the menu. Our favorite was the short rib crostini's! We had them a few times, and I think I am going to try to make them! The restaurants and bars are the Frontier, which is more upscale and has wonderful buffets and piano bar type of music. The Look Out, which serves sandwiches, breakfasts and such as well as the bar and has bands and karoeke at night. And a café that has gelato, homemade pizza, sandwiches, salads, coffee etc. There is also a nice general store that sells many different items, and it was fairly priced. We found that prices throughout the resort were fairly priced and comparable to what we would normally pay elsewhere. This surprised us as usually things at hotels are a lot more costly. The resort is set up so that you do not have to go outside for anything if you don't want to. There was an extra $12 fee/day that was for use of cross country skiing, snow shoeing, or ice skating for 2hr. Unfortunately for us the weather was too cold for us to want to go out in. They also had a large bonfire by the lake every night which again it was too cold and nobody was out there. There was a small gas fire pit in the middle of the resort for people also. The pool looked very inviting but when we thought we would use it, there were a lot of little Indian Princesses in it!! ( there was an Indian Princess and father weekend going on!) We talked to a few people who used the spa and they loved it!! We met quite a few very nice people at the bars, some of which actually live in the area and just like to stop in! There are many nice areas to sit and relax all around the resort. Some have fireplaces even! The staff at the resort are so friendly! I noticed that I didn't see any job titles on their name tags, which impressed us, as everyone was so attentive to everything. My husband and I will hopefully go back. We had a great time, and would definitely recommend it to others. There is restaurants and stores across the street from the resort, and Lake Geneva is just east about 10 - 15min if you want to get out for awhile. I think there is also a downtown area to enjoy in Delavan. Big thank yous go out to Ben and Lindsay M. at the Frontier bar and Theresa the night manager! You all made our weekend exceptional !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Loved the older, more traditional style hotel. The layout is unique as well- more of a circle base hotel- not just longhallways. Easy to find things. We have stayed three times so far- choosing this as our favorite lake delavan/geneva area place. Just out of the hustle but close too. We love the bar and grill and the amenities. Staff is always pleasant and we had a ball with the women who did our pedicures! Overall I would say between the pools, restaurants, spa, and fun bonfires outside, this place is one of my all times favorites for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed here as a child--we loved getting to swim during the winter, and I can see kids still come for that! Nice to come back for a "girls' weekend" with my sisters and nieces. The resort has really been upgraded since my earlier visits--

Room Tip: Nice view if you're on the lake side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was here for a conference and stayed two nights in a loft room. The room was spacious. Nice toiletries. Very clean. The food was good, but our 2nd breakfast had only muffins, fruit and beverages. Many people were not happy with that, especially those that eat gluten-free. One big downside for me was that the iron in our room stained my turtleneck and I had nothing else to wear, so I had to wear it like that. I hope the stains come out. The resort is nice for WI because of the long indoor hallways between buildings. The layout is unusual. In the summer, I'm sure the resort is a lot of fun because it's on the lake and quite a few activities are offered.

Room Tip: You might have to walk a bit because the rooms are pretty spread out, so take that into consideratio...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
The Ridge Hotel
1 mi away
Delavan Lake Resort
Delavan Lake Resort
#4 of 7 in Delavan

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!