“Fabulous for family vacation!”
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

Lake Lawn Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Delavan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Having a refrigerator and microwave as well as patio was perfect. Setting is beautiful. Staff well trained and eager to please. Pool area was expectedly crowded but could have been more appealing if staff were better about straightening up chairs and towels. Rooms were large and lawn space between buildings was beautiful. Great choice for weekend out of Chicago with kids. Also fun for family reunion or get away with friends. Might not choose for romantic getaway as there were tons if children and large, festive (loud) groups.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank nonny1
There are newer reviews for Lake Lawn Resort

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice, both times while in transit to/ from Milwaukee. It is a nice place to stay for a quiet evening, even though that is all we have done. I think it would be a wonderful place to stay more long-term to enjoy all they have to offer (e.g. Pool, spa, etc.). We just haven't had the opportunity to do that yet. The rooms are really nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The server was good. My friends salad was OK. I had the steak sandwich for $14 but got a bratwurst bun with 3 oz. skimpy beef. No garnish and felt like I was cheated. I have eaten in the main dining room twice in the last 2 months and would advise leaving property for food. Lived in Delavan 60 years and Lakelawn has never been able to deliver when it comes to dining. Your better off finding a small bar around Delavan lake and having a hamburger. Suggest, Pirates cove, Waterfront or Southshore bar and grill!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Doug Y
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My in -laws treated our family of five to a weekend at Lake Delavan and the drive from the north suburbs was a breeze! We were looking for a place within 2 hours from the Chicago area and we found it here. We stayed in a loft. The resort was great and our teens could rent paddle boards and kayaks on the beach.(Though it is not really a swimming beach.) They also fished from a pier and that kept them quite busy while I took a day trip to Lake Geneva and enjoyed some decent shopping. Also ate a wonderful breakfast on Sunday morning at Elizabeth's restaurant in downtown Delavan. Spent the rest of the day at a festival at a park nearby.Of course we stopped at the outlet mall in Kenosha on the way home.
I would recommend this resort and town for anyone seeking a relaxing couple days in WI.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A group of us were in town to see the Dave Matthews Band shows at Alpine. Lake Lawn was a fantastic place to stay. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were great. We were right by the pool which was great. The spa was absolutely fantastic, it is brand new and they did it right. The employees couldn't have been nicer. There is a big Wal-mart shopping center across the street which was super convenient for us. My only complaint is that the rooms were really expensive. We stayed in downtown Chicago for 2 nights prior to coming to Lake Lawn and one night at Lake Lawn was more expensive than both nights in Chicago combined which seems crazy for a sleepy little town in Wisconsin. But there aren't a lot of hotel options there so I guess they kind of have you. It would also be really nice if the room serivce stayed open later because we were hungry when we got back after the concerts and we found absolutely nothing open around there. But we would def. stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor by the pool are great because you just walk out the sliding glass door and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I recently stayed at Lake Lawn with my husband and 2 kids (5 and 1 year old). The room at the Shorewood lodge was a decent size and the bathroom was huge. The balcony was nice since we could walk out to the grassy area to the pool from our room. We used all the pools multiple times. I was a little disappointed with the pools since it was just a regular pool without any frills. I called the resort ahead and asked if they had zero-depth and they said yes but they do not - they just have steps that go into the most shallow part of the pool. There is only one kiddie pool (out of 3 pools) and it was just a small pool that was shallow. My 1 year old did not like the kiddie pool since it was a big step down and the water was cold.

We also walked over to the playground which was disappointing. It was outdated and at the very end of the resort. The swings overlooking the lake was a nice touch but otherwise they could've made it a lot better by moving it to the center of the resort and updating it. I wasn't sure if there was a beach area at the resort and there is not. There's some sandy area by the playground but it looked dirty. The kid zone was a nice distraction from the outside but it is just a small room with some toys, crafts and games.

That said, we still enjoyed our stay. The kids liked swimming in the pools and walking around the grounds. I got a pedicure at the spa - the service, atmosphere and the staff were great. If my kids were older or if I did not have children, I would've given the resort a higher rating for great views, room quality and good service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Experienced this resort about 20 years ago and over the years it looked very tired. I have stayed here twice in the past year and can see with the new owners that many improvements have taken place. The rooms are attractively decorated like "Northwoods" of Wisconsin and all have patios or balconies with 2 rockers and lake views. The resort is spread out with many individual buildings so there is a fair amount of walking to do--they are connected with indoor hallways (and views of the lake) so no need to walk outside in bad weather. We enjoy the lakeside firepit--especially nice during cool evenings.

Room Tip: We did hear kids running above our room--may want to consider second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank peejay28
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
The Ridge Hotel
Geneva Inn
Geneva Inn
#1 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!