“Pictures dont do justice”
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

Lake Lawn Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Delavan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Pictures dont do justice”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Upon reading review after review and looking at the pictures provided on tripadvisor, I didnt set my expectations too high on the accomodations, but after seeing the room I was really impressed. Im not sure if they took their direction signs down the weekend we were there, but we had no idea where to check in as there are I think two or three separate buildings, so lets just say we got a full tour of the resort before checking in. We stayed in the Lakewood King (we originally booked for a queen because that was all that was available at $229 but I called the day before because I saw some availability in their king suites and they let me switch and also saved some money as they were 50 bucks cheaper at $179) We had a great view out of our newly updated room. I dont know how newly updated they were but it felt like they could have just finished updating thats how clean it was. My only gripe is that you can hear almost anything going on around you, but more or less it had nothing to do with the hotel, but there appeared to be a bachelor party playing some game in the lawn just outside my door at 1am. I would stay here again with friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We played the Lake Lawn Resort golf course that was built in the 1920s.
There are many scenic holes located here on the shores of Lake Delavan. The yardage won't get you but the narrow fairways and tricky greens will.
We had an 11 AM tee time and John the starter allowed us to play in front of two foursomes.
That was very considerate of him and we were able to finish in just over three hours.
The green are in great shape, and the fairways and tees are filling in nicely.
Everybody here is friendly and this is an enjoyable round of golf.
There are coupons for discounted rates.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I had not stayed a Lake Lawn Resort for some years. We returned to attend a ballroom dance weekend. It felt like we had returned home. The staff were excellent. the room was very comfy and we enjoyed our balcony with rocking chairs. There do not seem to be any bad views. We were on the "parking lot" side of the building but still had a wonderful view of the lake. We stopped by the bar connected to the main restaurant in the late afternoon. the drinks and food were surprisingly wonderful. And the view spectacular. After an evening of dancing we enjoyed the Kohler tub with it's unique bubble systerm. much better than the standard tub. Our overall expereince made us wonder why we hadn't been more often. We intend to come again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PAMChicago_IL
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Lodge itself was lovely, and the setting was outstanding. I had a view of the lake, and the room was extremely comfortable. I liked that I could precisely control the temperature of my room as I like it cooler than most people. We were there for a wedding, so--although I had a room to myself--I was there with extended family for sort of a mini reunion, and the food at the reception was very good. We also had breakfast the next morning, and I highly recommend the Breakfast Bagel if you like a little spice (it had jalapeños in it, which I loved). Some of the family went swimming and seemed to enjoy the pool. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. And I'm sure if you like to golf it would have been a wonderful place to go. Excellent accommodations; I would be happy to go back again. The only problem was the distance between points. If someone is handicapped, that might be an obstacle although they did have wheelchairs for those who needed them.

Room Tip: The bride and groom had a suite with two views of the lake. It was gorgeous. If I were going to spen...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Wonderful stay! I had a great stay in a beautiful room. I love that it had a balcony with rocking chairs for relaxing. Beautiful grounds with lots of places to sit and relax and read. I loved the service. I met some friend for the dog show in Lake Geneva,

Room Tip: I prefer the south side looking at the lake outside of your room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am continually amazed at how caring and welcoming Lake Lawn is. Any season, any time, I am never disappointed. While I was there, the caretakers were pruning the flower beds and buffing and polishing, which was great to see.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Orland Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a great stay in a beautiful room. We love that it had a balcony with rocking chairs for relaxing. Beautiful grounds with lots of places to sit and relax and read. We loved the service. The spa was so relaxing and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
The Ridge Hotel
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#11 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!