Lake Lawn Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Harbor View Inn(Williams Bay)
  • Beachfront
1,041 results
All reviewsfrontier restaurantloft roomlookout barrocking chairsindoor poolboat rentalsgeneral storegreat weekendfamily reunionfrom chicagogirls weekendmini golfspring breakfire pitlong weekendwhirlpool tubshort drive
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I booked a weekend stay in January at the resort through a Groupon deal. Initial checkin was smooth and the staff was inviting and very helpful. The room was spotless and we could tell that it had been recently updated. Additionally, the free wifi provided by the resort was very fast and reliable. We had both dinner and breakfast at the resort and was not disappointed in either. The resort grounds looked amazing in the winter and eating breakfast as the snow fell on the lake was a real treat. Also, the close proximity to the town of Lake Geneva means that there is always something to do or places to eat if you want to venture beyond the resort. We are definitely planning on making the trip again and would recommend Lake Lawn Resort to anyone travelling to the Lake Geneva area.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Lake Lawn has been there for a very long time- and I had not been there since I was little. My fiance and I saw the Groupon and decided to take a weekend away from Chicago to Wisconsin. I had heard it had been re-done, and I did not know what to expect, but it was even better than I had expected. The lodge has been completely re-done and it is gorgeous. It was rather cold the weekend we went, but it is nice because the sprawling property is connected by all enclosed walkways, so you could walk around and look around without getting cold!

The night we checked in (Friday) the resort hosts wine and snacks. This was so nice! They wine was great and they had tons of Wisconsin cheese, sausages, and crackers that you could enjoy in a cozy setting by the fire. The staff was so kind and were there to give recommendations of things to do and see.

What is really nice is that Delevan has been built up quite a bit near the resort. There is a strip mall nearby with a liquor store and a Wal-Mart, so you can grab snacks, or even a redbox movie rental if you're planning on staying in.

What really impressed me was how beautifully they renovated the rooms. We were supposed to be in a regular king room, but they upgraded us to suite. It had a living room, kitchen with fridge, ice maker, sink, microwave, and stove top, and two massive bathrooms. The showers were amazing! We really felt at home and were more than pleasantly surprised by the rooms.

My only suggestion would be that if it is NOT a busy weekend, then ask to make sure your room is potentially not next to an occupied one. I know this is not the hotel's fault, but on our last night we were awoken at 3am until 4am by whoever was in the room next to um....well you get the picture....and it was VERY LOUD. At first I thought someone had accidentally been given a key to our room and was....going at it....in our living room. Then we realized it was right behind our heads. So my other suggestion would be to bring ear plugs. Like I said- not the hotel's fault, but I felt very awkward- thin walls!

The bar/look out eatery has windows all along the lake and has great lunch food! We had some wraps that were delicious and they were HUGE! I would definitely recommend it for a bite to eat. We didn't eat anywhere else on the resort, but I have eaten at the more expensive dining room a few years ago and it was great.

It was also near the winter season and they had done an extensive job with lights, snowflakes, icicles, etc. You felt like you were driving into a winter wonderland. It was definitely the perfect weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chicagotraveler1189
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The facility was so refreshing and relaxation was the key. The spa was tremendous. This was a sanctuary trip for husband and myself after a very stressful 2012. There was not a thing to complain about and the people overall were AWESOME!

Room Tip: Ask for Lake View~
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked a room here for 2 nights for my husband, 3 year old daughter and myself. There is not one negative thing I can say about our stay. The staff was wonderful at check in and we stayed in a beautiful, clean room. (Super comfy beds too!!) I have to give special mention to the Frontier Restaurant. My daughter has severe, anaphylactic food allergies. They went above and beyond-from the server to the manager to make sure everyone was on the same page as to what her allergies were and what was needed to make her food safe. The look on her face when she was able to eat in a restaurant was priceless!! THANK YOU! We plan to come back in the summer as well. THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne K
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife booked us at the Lake Lawn Resort for a birthday getaway in January. Upon arriving at the resort, I instantly loved the place. From driving through the golf course to get to the check in office, to have many groups of buildings that offer great views of the lake. Check in went very smooth and the room was gorgeous. We stayed in the king loft with a lake view. There was a very comfortable king bed, and then in the loft area there were two twin beds. There were two bathrooms and this rooms could easily sleep 6 or more. The fireplace was great to provide that atmosphere and relaxation. The days we were on property were some of the coldest in the town. The overnight low was -7 with a wind chill of -35. Every building on the property is connected via hallways, so you never have to go outside into the cold. This was awesome as it worked perfectly that we could walk around the resort, to dinner, to the little cafe, to the game room, and to the spa without having to brave the insane cold outside. This was by far one of the best features. We enjoyed the two nights we stayed here and are looking forward to returning soon to the Lake Lawn Resort.

Room Tip: The rooms that look out over the lake are the best!!
1  Thank Mark R