“Weekend Getaway!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brookfield, Illinois
“Weekend Getaway!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Lake Lawn Lodge as it was named in my youth was a family getaway place we used to visit. Now I got a chance to bring my daughter, son-in-law and grandson to visit. We took a walk down memory lane in the neighboring towns. Delavan, and Darien. I was pleasantly surprise at the loft suite it was updated and very spacious. We really enjoyed it, and would go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lbiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed here many many times over the last 15 years. Lake Lawn is on a beautiful property on a smaller lake that is great for boating and fishing. This visit we stayed in the brand new section that is separate from the other main resort. The colors are nice and the rooms are clean. However, the views are not as good and the rooms are a bit smaller. Stick with the main resort for the closest views of the water!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jenrockford
Chicago
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was at a weekend retirement party in September 2012. The property is very nice. The food was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I would recommend Lake Lawn Lodge for a get away place. It would also be a nice place for a wedding, banquet or a business function. The property is beautiful. The lake is lovely.
It was a great experience all around.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gerry V
Oak Creek, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We attended an outdoor wedding, the setting by the lake was beautiful. The dinner was excellent. I was very impressed with the rooms. They did a lot of updating since the last time I was there, which was about 10 years ago. One of the nicest rooms I've stayed in, I loved the north woods theme and the attention to detail. I wish we would have had more time to enjoy the rocking chairs on the porch that looked out over the golf course, nice touch! The staff was very friendly. I would definitely go back.

1 Thank Tami W
West Dundee, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Lake Lawn Lodge has been re-done and it's beautiful! We were there for a golf weekend with three other couples and even though the weather was rainy and got a little chilly while we were there, it was gorgeous! Our room was very nice with 2 rocking chairs on the porch and the grounds were just beautiful. The bathrooms were all recently remodeled with new, pretty ceramic tile and new fixtures. The decor was a pretty "rustic" design. Lots of wood and pine cones, etc. in the lamps and art. We were right on the lake and even though it rained, we were able to spend some time in the lounge and visit with some old friends and were not rushed out. We had dinner in the Frontier Restaurant. It was ok. The golf course was nice (I don't golf but I drove the cart) and the fall colors were great. Went to Millie's (in Delevan) for breakfast and could have spent some more time in the shops. A really nice restaurant, but here is a warning -- HUGE portions! A really nice weekend with some wonderful friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KileysGrama
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family has been going up to Lake Lawn Lodge since the 60's. My husband and I just spent the weekend enjoying this resort once again; as it had been around 15+ years since our last visit. What memories this historical resort brought back. The food was spectacular, the service beyond and the whole facility was so clean and up to date. The entire staff - which work so hard - were very attentive to everyones needs. I want to Thank ALL of you for keeping our memories alive for the next generations to come. Janet & Tony Balchunas

1 Thank Janet B
Johnsburg, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I came for two nights. He came to golf on Sunday with his league while I got to relax and sleep in. The rooms have been remodeled since we were here with the kids years back. I love the new look - very inviting and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean, the beds and pillows comfortable, there was even a large chair and ottoman to sit and watch TV from (I had to share with my husband when he came back from golfing). I wish there would have been a better selection on TV. Also wish it had been warmer, we would have sat on the balcony - but maybe that wasn't meant to be because the view wasn't the best - we had the parking lot and distant view of the lake from our room. The brunch buffet on Sunday was good, although we arrived rather late about 1 pm and they had to clean a table by the window, which I think took some time and not sure why because there seemed to be plenty of staff. All in all I'm glad that Lake Lawn Lodge has reopened and is looking rejuvenated - I would love to come again for a quick couples getaway.

1 Thank Karen D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
The Ridge Hotel
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#11 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!