“Lake Lawn Retirement Party”
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

Lake Lawn Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Delavan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was at a weekend retirement party in September 2012. The property is very nice. The food was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I would recommend Lake Lawn Lodge for a get away place. It would also be a nice place for a wedding, banquet or a business function. The property is beautiful. The lake is lovely.
It was a great experience all around.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gerry V
There are newer reviews for Lake Lawn Resort

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We attended an outdoor wedding, the setting by the lake was beautiful. The dinner was excellent. I was very impressed with the rooms. They did a lot of updating since the last time I was there, which was about 10 years ago. One of the nicest rooms I've stayed in, I loved the north woods theme and the attention to detail. I wish we would have had more time to enjoy the rocking chairs on the porch that looked out over the golf course, nice touch! The staff was very friendly. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tami W
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Lake Lawn Lodge has been re-done and it's beautiful! We were there for a golf weekend with three other couples and even though the weather was rainy and got a little chilly while we were there, it was gorgeous! Our room was very nice with 2 rocking chairs on the porch and the grounds were just beautiful. The bathrooms were all recently remodeled with new, pretty ceramic tile and new fixtures. The decor was a pretty "rustic" design. Lots of wood and pine cones, etc. in the lamps and art. We were right on the lake and even though it rained, we were able to spend some time in the lounge and visit with some old friends and were not rushed out. We had dinner in the Frontier Restaurant. It was ok. The golf course was nice (I don't golf but I drove the cart) and the fall colors were great. Went to Millie's (in Delevan) for breakfast and could have spent some more time in the shops. A really nice restaurant, but here is a warning -- HUGE portions! A really nice weekend with some wonderful friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KileysGrama
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family has been going up to Lake Lawn Lodge since the 60's. My husband and I just spent the weekend enjoying this resort once again; as it had been around 15+ years since our last visit. What memories this historical resort brought back. The food was spectacular, the service beyond and the whole facility was so clean and up to date. The entire staff - which work so hard - were very attentive to everyones needs. I want to Thank ALL of you for keeping our memories alive for the next generations to come. Janet & Tony Balchunas

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet B
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I came for two nights. He came to golf on Sunday with his league while I got to relax and sleep in. The rooms have been remodeled since we were here with the kids years back. I love the new look - very inviting and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean, the beds and pillows comfortable, there was even a large chair and ottoman to sit and watch TV from (I had to share with my husband when he came back from golfing). I wish there would have been a better selection on TV. Also wish it had been warmer, we would have sat on the balcony - but maybe that wasn't meant to be because the view wasn't the best - we had the parking lot and distant view of the lake from our room. The brunch buffet on Sunday was good, although we arrived rather late about 1 pm and they had to clean a table by the window, which I think took some time and not sure why because there seemed to be plenty of staff. All in all I'm glad that Lake Lawn Lodge has reopened and is looking rejuvenated - I would love to come again for a quick couples getaway.

1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been staying at this property for years and through the many owners of the place. They have been putting alot of money into the resort and it shows in th erom decore and overall upkeep of the property. Some of the room originally redecorated a yera or two ago are starting to show some signs of ware and should not be neglected while other areas of the resort are being re-done. The food is always good in all of the restaurants butare getting a bit pricey. My concern is that the prices of the rooms that are getting to the point where the price charged is not worth the stay.We have stayed about half the nights as in the past due to the room prices.

Room Tip: Double Quees luxury room with a lake view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimc82
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding celebration. Service was excellent, rooms were spacious and views were great. We would stay here again. The updated bathrooms were a pleasant surprise and the suite arrangement made us wish we could stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
The Ridge Hotel
Geneva Inn
Geneva Inn
#1 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!