“Surprized - wonderful experience”
Review of Lake Lawn Resort

Lake Lawn Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Delavan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Surprized - wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently attended an association meeting at Lake Lawn. Although I knew that the resort had recently reopened, I didn't expect to experience such excellent customer service and accomodations. The weather was beautiful and the grounds were being planted and groomed for summer. The staff was very accomodating; our meetings and meeting rooms were comfortable and perfect for the group. Dinner was exceptional - the halibut entree was excellent; everyone at my table was complementry of thier food and expecially the service. We have already started to think about bringing a group of friends back to the resort this summer to play golf and to enjoy the resort amenities. I highly recommend Lake Lawn for a business meeting or a leisure trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Shorewood, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Just needed to get away from home for a few days and didn't want to drive to far. Found this resort on Lake Geneva website and thought we'd give it a try. What a beautiful place. Room was a little to "plaid" for me but comfortable and bathroom looked newly remodeled with beautiful tile and whirlpool tub! Great view from room, grounds beautiful and make for nice walk. Used fitness center and they had adequate equipment, also indoor pool very nice but a little cool. Ate at frontier restaurant and food was excellent and not much more than you pay at any local restaurants of this quality.

It was only my husband and I and due to the time of year not to many other guests. My husband golfed and said it was a great course and good price. We are looking forward to returning with our children and gran kids later in the year. It is a great spot for families. Plenty to do and lots of wide open places to run.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was recently at Lake Lawn Resort for a business meeting. Their convention center is a great facility and the staff are very professional and helpful. I had a room in Timber Lodge and it was great. The weather was just perfect for sitting on the balcony and watching the lake in the evening. The food was excellent. I will be back for a family vacation this summer.

Room Tip: I had a great room in Timber Lodge overlooking the lake from my second floor balcony.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at the resort for three nights last week (May 10- May 12th) We had a queen loft room with two full bathrooms. The beds were comfortable, the main bathroom was huge and updated with granite. My granddaughters had a blast in their "own" loft. We spent a lot of time at the resort since we were there for a wedding celebration. I can't say enough about the staff, they were so friendly. The Geneva room where the reception was held was perfect. The food was delicious and the views amazing. We had a fantastic time at this lovely resort. Thank-you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I recently stayed at Lake Lawn Lodge -- what a great surprise. Everything looked new and very well kept up. The staff were very curteous and smiling -- they went out of their way to make sure you have a great experience at the resort. The food was excellent and prompted served. I definetly would highly recommend this to families for a good family get away. I also would recommend this for business groups.

Chicago
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I just had a great trip at Lake Lawn. I went with my family, which included my 2 month old son. The hotel staff was wonderful, very accomodating. The food was delicious. We ate at both restaurants and both were great. We had Breakfast and the Prime Rib Buffet at the Frontier and it was definitely worth your money. The buffet was wonderful and not that expensive! The grounds are beautiful too, we will definitely return!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I purchased a 2-night Groupon package including 2 rounds of golf and $50 dining credit. Perhaps May is not a good time to be at the resort, the mosquitos were in constant swarms, there is no way they had sprayed for them. Literally hundred covered our patio door the entire time. The mulch they used around the flower beds had a horrific stench - luckily it did not permeate inside. The rooms are very nice, espcially the bathrooms - roomy and beautiful, HOWEVER, you could hear EVERY single word of the conversations in the room above us - there was no sound buffer at all. The food at the resort restaurant was delicious! Our server was very nice, however, she forgot to turn in our entree order, so they compensated our 1 hour & 35 minute wait for our meal by comping our $7.00 appetizer, which to me, was not enough. Almost nothing there is open during the week - the 18th Hole Bar & Grill, only open on weekends, activities only on weekends, boat trips only on weekends, etc, etc, etc. The golf course was very nice and right on the lake. I would stay there again, but only on a weekend and not in May and only on a top floor to get my money's worth and maybe in another year the spa will be open.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jill C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
The Ridge Hotel
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#11 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!