“Good dinner, great breakfast”
Review of Andrew's Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Andrew's Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at the Delafield Hotel and ate dinner and breakfast at their restaurant. The dinner was very good. They have several booths which are very cozy then a more open seating area as well. The food was very good (4/5). I would rank it one notch below Lake Park Bistro and The Immigrant Room but better than many restaurants in town. The breakfast was excellent. Their hot oatmeal rivals anybodys.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We ate Sunday brunch at this restaurant in the Delafield Hotel. Our waitress Bailey, guided us through the menu, made recommendations, and provided excellent service. We ate on the deck and had a great brunch; good food, lovely atmosphere, and terrific service.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I really thought I'd be able to write a positive review of this place. Unfortunately, our sneaky server thought he'd pull a fast one on us and "pad" the bill to increase his tip.

We drove up from the Chicago burbs to visit our son who is currently stationed with the Army Reserve in nearby Pewaukee. Since we wanted to provide him with a nice upgrade from Army food, I did some research and found Andrew's

We really liked the decor and the food and drinks were good. My wife, however, had had a big lunch and only ordered an appetizer and soup. Our server apparently thought that two entrees for a party of three would have an unacceptable downward pull on his gratuity, so he added another round of drinks to our bill thinking we wouldn't notice. He doesn't know my wife though.

When the check arrived, she spotted the discrepancy immediately and called him on it. We try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and at first assumed it was an honest mistake. But, the reaction of an honest person would be either defensive ("No, I'm sure you had that many drinks") or embarrassed ("Oh my gosh, how did that happen!?"). Instead, our server merely said "I'll fix it", picked up the check and walked away.

What this jerk did not realize is that both my wife and I worked in restaurants during college and tend to be very generous tippers. My wife would have adjusted the tip to compensate for the fact that we did not order three entrees. As it was, instead of leaving him no tip (which is what he deserved), she left 15% (which, IMO, was more than generous considering the stunt he pulled).

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I arrived and the place was poorly lit. The waitress couldnt have been more than 16 and was rude and not very knowledgable of the menu. food was cold and lacked spices never will i eat there again or reccommend

2  Thank Julia S
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This is our second visit to Andrew's - both on Christmas Eve. Both times - outstanding! While you can order from the regular dinner menu, the chef(s) prepare special dinners just for the evening. The ambience is old English/colonial US and very inviting. The bar is separate from the various individual rooms that make up the eating areas. Food arrived prepared as ordered and is excellent. Ribeyes are melt-in-your-mouth. Service is excellent and adjustments were easily made on menu items to accomodate some of our unique tastes. This is a special evening setting and cost.

1  Thank Millionmiletravelers