All reviews rain shower body spray honeymoon suite spa tub kohler fixtures boutique hotel separate shower lovely hotel rooms are huge shower head room service restaurant staff bed was very comfortable the entire hotel lumber inn fitness center deerfield
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Down to the antiques in the commonways, The Delafied Hotel is a true gem. Their attention to detail, and excellent customer service were great. The rooms are spacious, and authentic. Andrew's restaurant staff were a delight and the surrounding village, near the historic St. Johns Military Academy, is a nice place for antique shopping. Plan to be back in the fall when the areas Kettle Morraine Forest is in full color. Great Chicago getway. Reminds me of Connecticut.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travepros
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband I stayed there in late June. We were both very impressed with the obvious high standards throughout the hotel, however, when I stepped into the shower I found a GIANT wad of hair stuck to the shower wall. When my husband told the woman at the front desk her response was a nonchalant, "Oh, sorry about that." For hotel in this price range, we were expecting someone who actually cared or a room that was cleaned top to bottom especially the shower.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kwehr
Reviewed May 24, 2010

What a place. A wonderful experience from check-in through dinner and departure. Room was wonderful. Dreamy bed. The best linens. Jacuzzi tub and separate rain shower. Bathrobes big enough to snuggle in. Dinner at the hotel was wonderful. Service was wonderful. An elegant adventure. And by the way, we love the area. Great stay. Next time we'll do it longer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yahooer
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stayed here with my girlfriend for her Birthday, booking the romance package. I was amazed from the start at the level of service and attention by the staff. Immediatly upon arrival the staff brought our welcome tray to our room as we prepared for dinner. Andrews was good, not great, but certainly worth a try. Upon return to the room, however, the staff had brought our bottle of wine as well as preparing the rose petal bath and chocolate covered strawberries. In all it was a very amazing stay thanks to the service. My only gripes would be with the rooms...the television seemed small, and the room layout we had was poor for a "master suite". I would recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway anytime!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zebrahead333
Reviewed March 26, 2010

My husband and I had our small wedding dinner (no loud reception!) at the Delafield Hotel last year, so we returned to celebrate our one-year anniversary. We had cocktails and dinner in Andrew's Restaurant and enjoyed excellent service by our bartender and server. Our second-floor room was very spacious, quiet, and well appointed, and the bed was unquestionably the most comfortable one we've ever slept in. We highly recommend the Delafield Hotel.....you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple