“Great getaway with quality service.”

The Delafield Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Delafield
Chicago, Illinois
“Great getaway with quality service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went here for a weekend getaway from Chicago. The hotel has a nice historical, romantic charm to it and the staff/service was super friendly (even had doormen outside in the evening which was a nice touch). The rooms are very spacious and we pretty much fell in love with two things: 1) the beds/comforters/pillows are superb...may need to buy some of these for our own home, and 2) the baths and showers are AMAZING...huge bath and has all kinds of cool jet features. Everyone we met with in the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant, which we ate in both evenings during our weekend stay, had great food and great wines. The only negative I would cite was the restaurant was a bit on the pricey side (entrees in the mid-$30/mid-$40 range that probably should've been in the mid-$20/low-$30 range). Otherwise, great place and would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fairfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Delafield is always a delight. Tasteful in an elegant country manor sort of way, with fantastically huge and comfortable rooms, but the best part is the bathrooms with showers that shower from all directions and big jacuzzi baths. On my last visit I had enough time to take big soaking baths every day...divine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We came for the Harley 110th and chose The Delafield Hotel for a change. We stayed at some other big name Milwaukee hotels for the 100th and 105th celebration. The Delafield was superior by far. Bike wash station, underground parking, really friendly and knowledgeable staff, great room, I mean GREAT ROOMS. Huge suites with giant spa bathrooms. My wife was in heaven so I couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel was located next to the interstate so getting around when we needed to move was really helpful, great back roads too. The restaurant was great and the bar was very comfortable when we got back from Milwaukee.
Thanks to everyone for a great Labor Day Weekend.

Room Tip: We were given a tour of all the suites and they are all amazing. Stay Here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Delafield Hotel overnight recently. It was a Sunday night and quite possibly we were the only residents that night. The room we had was large and extremely well furnished. The bathroom facilities were exceptional and included a jacuzzi as well as a flat screen TV. The front desk manager Adam could not have been nicer or more helpful. The restaurant "Andrew's" is beautifully decorated. We dined on the deck which in and of itself was a special experience. The wines reasonably priced for a restaurant of this caliber. Our waiter Charlie was very pleasant and knowledgable. We had breakfast next morning in the same restaurant and again had a wonderful meal. I should add that the hotel is very easily accessed from Interstate 94. The decor and ambience would suggest you were all of a sudden in a manor built in the early 1900's but the building is only 17 years old. It was originally warehouse and was converted to a Victorian hotel in 2006. I would be happy to return to this establishment anytime and highly recommend it especially if you are looking for a romantic getaway. I do not know if there is a pool or spa.

Room Tip: I do not have any recommendation based on my one-night stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The Delafield Hotel is where we always check for availability when in the area. Old school elegant feel without feeling stuffy or dark. Great variety of room layouts to choose from on their website. Prices are very reasonable considering the high end nature of the hotel. Really large Kohler bathrooms...plus flat screen TV mounted on the bathroom wall for easy viewing from the decadent tub (separate rain shower). Good drinks in the bar and have heard the restaurant has good fare, but pricey. Plus we always visit Kurt's steakhouse down the road for dinner (great bacon wrapped pork "filet" with a peppercorn sauce). Rooms are spacious and four poster beds are very comfortable - although pretty high off the ground, so be careful!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed at the Delafield many times over the years and loved it. During my visit in June, it was a very different experience - really shocking housekeeping - room was not serviced properly once out of the four nights. Dirty cups and glasses were left, coffee supplies not replaced, bins not emptied. On top of that the room was dirtier than usual (I had just stayed in February) - lamps dirty, underneath bed there was a couple of bottle tops from water bottles. It was so disappointing!
This hotel used to be my favourite and I looked forward to arriving there to stay. Rusty who works on the front desk is amazing and is so customer focused.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stolimonster
PhilipL396, General Manager at The Delafield Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Please allow me the opportunity to apologize for the seemingly lack of attention to detail you experienced. As a team we have examined the critical points of exceeding the guests expectations vs under performing and believe we have identified and corrected an internal issue/procedure. It is encouraging to think that your four previous week-long stays must have earned us enough credibility to have booked another week-long stay in September five days after this most recent visit. We appreciate the opportunity to again show you the level of outstanding hospitality The Delafield Hotel has long been known for.

The Delafield Hotel General Manager
Saint Francis, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I booked this hotel for my wedding after seeing all of the great reviews. When I booked the room, I was told that our check-in time would be 3pm. I asked if we could check-in at noon instead so the bridal party could use the room to get ready and was told, "Sure, no problem". Three days before the wedding I called to confirm the reservation and asked again if we could come at noon so the bridal party could get ready in the room, and was told "Absolutely. We have a note about that on your reservation." Well, when I arrived a couple of hours before my wedding with my bridesmaids and photographer, we entered the lobby and there were no employees to be seen. I rang the bell at the desk several times but no one came out. I walked around and peaked into the bar and some of the surrounding hallways and still no hotel employees. Then the phone started ringing and a young blond woman came out and answered the phone and began chatting, completely ignoring us. When I tried to get her attention she shushed me and put her hand up in my face. A few minutes later an older man named Rusty came out and asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted to check in and he informed me I couldn't check in until 3pm. I told him that when I made the reservation I was told I could check in at noon. He told me I should have called to confirm, and when I informed him I had called and confirmed three days prior, he told me I should have called that morning to confirm because they can't guarantee early check-in times more then twenty-four hours in advance. I told him, "Then someone should have told me that when I made the reservation" and he asked who I had spoken to. I couldn't remember the name of the person who had made my reservation and he began to reprimand me for not writing down their name and told me from now on I'd better always write down the name of who I'm talking to. This entire conversation took place before he had even looked up my reservation. When Rusty finally did look up my reservation, he found that there was a note about us coming at noon and the room was ready for us. He never once apologized and actually said to me that I "lucked out" this time and that in the future I should learn how to make a reservation properly. I was fuming at this point but I was also two hours away from my wedding so I let it go and we all went to the room to get ready. The air conditioning wasn't working in the room, which we informed the front desk about and they told me that they would have it fixed by the time my groom and I returned after the wedding. Well, the air conditioning was never fixed, and in addition to that the controls on the whirlpool tub didn't work and neither did the coffee maker. We asked if we could be moved to another room and were told that was impossible because the hotel was completely booked for the night. I complained about the air conditioner, coffee maker and whirlpool tub not working when we checked out and was told, very snidely, that I probably didn't know how to use them. I will never stay here again. This is some of the worst customer service I have ever received in my life. The people who run this place need to look up the definition of "hospitality."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Nora J
PhilipL396, General Manager at The Delafield Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Please allow me first to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced here at The Delafield Hotel. We pride ourselves on the high level of hospitality our guests experience here at The Delafield Hotel noted in so many prior reviews and which was one of the determining factors you noted in making your decision to stay with us while having your wedding elsewhere. Unfortunately, there may have been a breakdown in our inter-department communication which created some difficulty at check-in for which we all are truly sorry. However unfortunate, your comments are appreciated and will be utilized in training so that our level of hospitality exceeds the expectations of our guests in the future.

The Delafield Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delafield
Walker's Point
Iron Horse Hotel
Iron Horse Hotel
#1 of 56 in Milwaukee
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,458 reviews
Ambassador Hotel
#10 of 56 in Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,399 reviews

Been to The Delafield Hotel? Share your experiences!