Tripadvisor
Delafield
All reviews rain shower boutique hotel beautiful hotel jetted tub shower head body jets premier suite high end high ceilings great bar classic suite well taken care romance package large shower fitness center third floor would recommend this hotel to anyone
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at the Delafield for 3 days for a little R and R. We are busy professionals and we were looking forward to a pleasant and relaxing get away and we were not disappointed.

As noted in other reviews, the rooms are outstanding and a room of the caliber of this hotel would easily cost 50-100% more in a big city. It is a lovely property and very conducive to R and R. Furthermore, the town of Delafield is the perfect location and adds to the ambiance. The access to fabulous bike trails, parks, and walking trails is a huge plus. Bike rentals are available at Wheel and Sprocket, right next to the hotel. Guests have access to an outstanding health club and spa immediately next to the hotel which is another big plus. We had dinner one night at Andrew’s-it was good but not spectacular-ambiance and service was outstanding and the food was good. One note, this is a small hotel and as a result, staffing is limited. There is not a formal concierge, and recommendations for dinner and activities are dependent upon the desk attendant on duty. Similarly the absence of a door attendant means that you are on your own with luggage. I imagine somebody would have helped us if we asked, but certainly, we were not offered any assistance with our bags. The rooms themselves were well cleaned but service was spotty-on two occasions, toiletries and tissues were not replenished and the honor bar was not routinely restocked. These over-all were only minor annoyances. In summary, the hotel experience here is excellent and represents an excellent value. We will definitely return. We are frequent and experienced travelers and have stayed at many fine properties and resorts in the US and abroad and we were very well pleased with our overall experience at the Delafield.

Other notes and suggestions:
1. Had dinner at Zin a couple of blocks from the hotel-Excellent
2. Dinner at Fishbones-food good, service mediocre
3. Glacial Drumlin bike trail is outstanding
4. Breakfast twice at Lumber Inn-Excellent
5. Milwaukee Street Traders coffee shop is excellent
6. Lakes, water and golf abound
7. Ten Chimneys was spectacular-no visitor should miss this incredibly well preserved and maintained estate.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank bigpain
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I'm lucky enough to have clients in this quaint village. I only wish I could find more excuses to visit -- perhaps I can just move into the Delafield Hotel! It's what a hotel should be: gracious, comfortable and with a stellar wine list!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We cannot thank the hotel staff enough for the five star service we received while we were guests at the Delafield Hotel last week. We were there from Thursday through Sunday and enjoyed every minute. The rooms were wonderful, loved the spa tub and shower, the food was great, but the service was beyond measure. From the bartender, Matt to the waitresses to the front desk staff, we were so impressed. We were there for a wedding and it couldn't have been a greater destination for this special time. Thank you for your attention to all the details, for the great meals, for your gracious staff and the great experience.

Room tip: Trust the staff, they will take great care of you.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We recently stayed at the Delafield Hotel for the first time for our anniversary. We loved both the hotel and the room, and found hotel staff very professional and pleasant. However, we made a reservation for dinner at Andrews, and were disappointed with the experience. My husband ordered fish and I had duck. While the fish was fresh, it was very plainly cooked and accompanied by an overly strong lemon sauce and wild rice that was so overwhelmingly flavored (with thyme or rosemary, I think) that it permeated the whole dish. My duck was also simply cooked, and accompanied by the same rice. The sauce that was served with the duck was strong and bitter and (once again) the thyme in the rice made it inedible. Even the bread was mediocre.

We had reserved a breakfast package, and, once again, the food was mediocre, as well as the service. I had scrambled eggs, a cold english muffin, greasy sausage that tasted like brown and serve, and potatoes that were (surprise!) flavored so strongly with rosemary or thyme that they couldn't be eaten. In addition to the poor quality of the food, and although the restaurant was empty, our waitress disappeared for long stretches of time - we couldn't even get a second cup of coffee for about 15 minutes.
While I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I would think twice about eating at Andrews again.

Date of stay: March 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiawahvisitor
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. The honeymoon suite was amazing.We had a delicious brunch in the room. Andrew's restaurant is now one of my favorite restaurants. The service was perfect and the bed was super comfortable. We are planning on coming back for our one year anniversary! We honestly couldn't stop talking about how nice the hotel was.

Date of stay: July 2011