Tripadvisor
Delafield
All reviews rain shower boutique hotel beautiful hotel jetted tub shower head body jets premier suite high end high ceilings great bar classic suite well taken care romance package large shower fitness center third floor would recommend this hotel to anyone
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We cannot thank the hotel staff enough for the five star service we received while we were guests at the Delafield Hotel last week. We were there from Thursday through Sunday and enjoyed every minute. The rooms were wonderful, loved the spa tub and shower, the food was great, but the service was beyond measure. From the bartender, Matt to the waitresses to the front desk staff, we were so impressed. We were there for a wedding and it couldn't have been a greater destination for this special time. Thank you for your attention to all the details, for the great meals, for your gracious staff and the great experience.

Room tip: Trust the staff, they will take great care of you.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We recently stayed at the Delafield Hotel for the first time for our anniversary. We loved both the hotel and the room, and found hotel staff very professional and pleasant. However, we made a reservation for dinner at Andrews, and were disappointed with the experience. My husband ordered fish and I had duck. While the fish was fresh, it was very plainly cooked and accompanied by an overly strong lemon sauce and wild rice that was so overwhelmingly flavored (with thyme or rosemary, I think) that it permeated the whole dish. My duck was also simply cooked, and accompanied by the same rice. The sauce that was served with the duck was strong and bitter and (once again) the thyme in the rice made it inedible. Even the bread was mediocre.

We had reserved a breakfast package, and, once again, the food was mediocre, as well as the service. I had scrambled eggs, a cold english muffin, greasy sausage that tasted like brown and serve, and potatoes that were (surprise!) flavored so strongly with rosemary or thyme that they couldn't be eaten. In addition to the poor quality of the food, and although the restaurant was empty, our waitress disappeared for long stretches of time - we couldn't even get a second cup of coffee for about 15 minutes.
While I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I would think twice about eating at Andrews again.

Date of stay: March 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiawahvisitor
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. The honeymoon suite was amazing.We had a delicious brunch in the room. Andrew's restaurant is now one of my favorite restaurants. The service was perfect and the bed was super comfortable. We are planning on coming back for our one year anniversary! We honestly couldn't stop talking about how nice the hotel was.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

My husband and I have stayed there twice, the night we got engaged and our wedding night. We hope to go back for anniversaries. It's been rated one of the top hotels in the state and we can see why. Each room is unique and the beds are like sleeping on a cloud. The restaurant, Andrews, is also phenomenal. Hotel and restaurant staff have been superb, in our experiences.

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank FussyEater14
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed at the Delafield on a business function. We had our Holiday party in a very comfortable party room. The meal was very good for a buffet. Sliced beef tenderloin, poached salmon and chicken. Fresh green beans, mashed spuds and salad. Service was very good and the cocktails were nice. The room was spacious and clean. The bed had extra fluffy pillows and conforter.. The shower wwas huge. and clean. We paid $120 on our special rate.

Date of stay: February 2012