All reviews body spray spa tub honeymoon suite kohler fixtures boutique hotel rooms are huge separate shower rain shower head lovely hotel next morning restaurant staff wedding reception the entire hotel bed was very comfortable would recommend this hotel to anyone lumber inn fitness center
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Delafield hotel for Valentines Day. We booked the City Breaks package which included a one-night stay in the Master Suite with breakfast and a mini bar credit. When we checked in we found out that we had been booked in a Superior Suite (Im guessing someone messed up - but that was ok with us!) The room was huge and the bathroom was especially my favorite. It had the most luxurious whirlpool tub I'd ever seen! The shower also had over six different shower heads. It was fantastic! The king size bed was very comfortable and relaxing. We had room service for breakfast from Andrews restaurant and it was just delicious. I fell in love with the blueberry scones. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a quiet and relaxing getaway. You will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: February 2011
Reviewed April 7, 2011

My stay at The Delafield Hotel was fantastic! We stayed for one night as a mini getaway and it something we will definitely do again. The service was excellent from the time we walked in and were greeted by the front desk clerk to the time we left the next morning. The rooms were incredible. Everything in them was clean, comfortable and exceeded my expectations. The bathrooms are amazing - I would love an exact replica in my home some day.
I highly suggest if you haven't already, stay at this hotel. It's in a charming part of town and worth every penny you pay.

Date of stay: December 2010
1  Thank LisaMarie0516
Reviewed January 14, 2011

My husband and I visited this hotel upon recommendation from a friend. It was wonderful! I am a hotel snob and this hotel surpassed my expectations. The rooms are huge,clean, and decorated luxuriously. We ate at Andrew's, which is on the property, and it was gourmet and perfect. The service was wonderful and professional. Loved everything about our stay. You will not be disappointed. Del afield is beautiful and quaint as well.

Date of stay: December 2010
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for two nights over Thanksgiving.The hotel is quite quaint with just 38 very spacious rooms. Even though the hotel was full the second night, it was very quiet. The bathrooms have Kohler chromotherapy whirlpools and multi jet showers. The restaurant, Andrews, although somewhat higher priced for dinner has unique offerings using local ingredients. Both the htel and restaurant staff were helpful and friendly. The only reason I did not give the location a five was because of the time of year. In the spring or earlier in the fall, a drive through the countryside would be beautiful. Also, there are plenty of golf courses in the area.

Date of stay: November 2010
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We are Chicagoans in our mid-40s who wanted a romantic get-away which would also allow for some nice hiking/nature appreciation. We absolutely found it at the Delafield Hotel, due entirely to TripAdvisor. (Thanks, TA!) We arrived Friday night and had a lovely dinner in the hotel's Andrew's Restaurant. Simply excellent ... nicely appointed environment, very high quality food & wine and great service. (Note that Andrew's participates in diningdough.com, so there is some discount in price available. It merits consideration since it's an upscale restaurant.) They also had good live music in the bar, which I appreciated. The hotel itself is totally charming. This is NOT some Holly Hobby country-themed bed and breakfast. It's an elegant hotel with classic decor (think oriental rugs, vintage light fixtures, rich wood paneling), the most comfortable bed I think I've ever slept in (beautiful sleigh bed with high-end linens) and an incredibly amazing spa bath with comfy robes. Our only complaint centered on the unresponsive thermostat in our room, which resulted in our having to call down to the Front Desk multiple times during a chilly fall weekend, but it eventually got resolved. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. Delafield itself is a very small, cute town about 30 minutes due west of Milwaukee. The big draw for us was the proximity to Kettle Moraine. All in all, we loved our time at the Delafield Hotel and certainly plan to return.

Date of stay: October 2010