“not pleased”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Delafield
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Okay on first look this place is okay. Looks like they just freshly remodeled. Which is good if you are paying $100 per night in the middle of nowhere.

On the day of the wedding the front entrance broke, so people could not get in and out. We actually had a wedding to attend. The sliding door says, "in case of an emergency, push door". Well we pushed the door, but the rug that was in the entry way prevented the doors from pushing open. Shall I say major fire hazard?

Two of the staff tried fixing the door for a half hour, nothing. we ended up using the back exit by the dumpsters, which was fine, but what in a case of an emergency?

A number of people in the wedding party had problems with their key cards not working. There is sometimes no one up by the front desk, which makes it difficult to resolve this issue.

The same night heading back from the wedding at 11:30 pm my key cards (both) did not work. I went back to the front desk and she reset them. Went back upstairs, still did not work. I repeated this whole thing one more time. Still did not work. The third time I went back downstairs, the receptionist was checking people in who wanted to know about tourist attractions. She spent about 15 minutes of showing them various brochures on local attraction while I waited. She also was trying to talk these people into the La Quinta rewards program. So, she "fixed" my card again and also tried to talk me into the rewards program. Mind you this is at 12:00 am, after 2 attempts trying to get into my room unsuccessfully. I was not in the mood to talk about promotions. I guess my key card did work on the third re-set.

When I got back into the room it was clean, but smelled rather musty. The big, fancy flat screen TV only had one channel working. But after that whole fiasco with the key card, who cares. Right?

As far as breakfast goes, most of it is cereal and pastries. I ate a hard boiled egg and an orange. But ended up going out for a second proper breakfast a few hours later.

Aside from the nicely designed rehab, I would not recommend this place for a $100.
Call me a spoiled brat.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna B

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We've stayed here twice and haven't been disappointed yet. The rooms are clean and very nicely appointed. The first one we had was a king with a sleeper sofa; the second time we stayed we had a room with a king and a recliner. Comfortable beds, quiet and within easy walking distance to fast food, gourmet coffee, Wal-Mart and Target. The staff is very polite and the hotel's interior is spotless! There's also and indoor pool and spa.

The only complaint we have had was the first time we stayed there was a group of people throwing a children's birthday party a couple of doors down. Not the hotels fault because they didn't know about it. When the noise became unbearable my husband complained and the manager quickly put a halt to it.

We've stayed in many hotels in Waukesha County and by far this is our favorite. It's a little pricey though, especially on the weekends.

Room Tip: Pricey but worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This is an area I travel to at least 2x per year, and have stayed in this La Quinta each time. The exterior fits in with the other buildings in the area, and is extremely clean inside. One would not know not was pet friendly! My stays have been nothing short of 3 nights and I will continue to stay here when I return!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was the first time I've ever stay at A LaQuinta hotel, and the experience was awesome!! I will be staying at LaQuinta hotels for here on out when I travel. The rates are awesome, the rooms are awesome, the staff was awesome, the breakfast was great and the wifi worked, lol!!! I rate LaQuinta 5 stars!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel has just been remodeled, and it was very impressive. Since we have stayed there for over 15 years, it is clearly in the best shape since it became a La Quinta. Rooms are stylish, amenities abound, nice touches especially with extra electrical outlets and recharging stations for tech gear. The breakfast was disappointing and not comparable to that of other La Quintas we have stayed at recently. Only hot choice is waffles, not enough sweetrolls for everyone and coffee was mediocre. Pillowtop mattress was nice, but too soft for me. Great staff and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Always clean and friendly. Have stayed there many times for business and visiting family. Hotel has been newly remodeled and looks great. Staff is always helpful and knowledgeable. My only complaint is that they could use some more comfortable pillows.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is my second time staying at this particular La Quinta - very clean, comfortable beds and it appears that they have remodeled since the last time I stayed here (which was in 2010). Great grassy area for pets, except for the fact that they also spread pesticide/fertilizer in that area too, along with the non-dog areas. Good thing that they is plenty of grassy along the sidewalks in the area to walk the dogs. I will stay here again, if in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ueliparent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Delafield
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
Best Western Waukesha Grand

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield? Share your experiences!