“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Delafield
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Delafield
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I found the customer service superb. I was greeted by name and was upgraded to a suite due to my priority club status. The room was clean and breakfast was good. The location is very convenient to the freeway, restuarants and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed March 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 5 weeks in Nov, 2 weeks in Dec, then another 5 weeks in January. It was striclty business and we are Platinum members. Our first greeting was poor. Did not recognize our Priority Club status at all. No one wore name tags so you didn't know any names. I must give credit to the housekeepers. They were all very friendly, and did a very good job.
My overall opinion is that this hotel is in operation for the money and not to provide customer service. It starts at the front door. The owner chose not to install automatic doors. How many people check into a hotel w/o luggage. It was a struggle to get in everytime.
On one occasion I went to check out the workout room. What a mistake! Dispite having what looked like used equipment, I got locked into the pool area. Luckily there was a phone. They said you have to hit the door to open it. Well, the door is glass. There is a limit to how hard I am going to hit this door. After what seemd like 10 minutes someone came to open the door. I was told the door is hard to open to prevent children from getting out of the pool area. Now, I'm no genius but don't you want to keep children out of the pool area? Any child in the pool area should have a parent. That explaination was ridiculous!
They also don't have a laundry in house....another example of no regard to the customer.
Now to my biggest complaint. The lobby floor was constantly wet and slippery from the snow. Signs were posted and remained all day. How about a rug to absorb some of that water? And the parking lot....well, they didn't plow the lot enough. On one Sunday in January the parking lot was a sheet of ice. My husband and I attempted to go to the car and it was so dangerous. We drove to several other establishments and there wasn't any ice. Other businesses had salted and plowed. When we returned to the HI I asked the front desk person what they were going to do about the parking lot. They acted like they had no idea that it was a sheet of ice. I had to put them on notice that if we fell out there that it would be because of their neglect.
I'm sure you ask why did we return. Well, it was close to my husbands work and after all we are Platinum members and wanted the points.
My last comment is about friendliness. After almost 3 months most times that we passed the front desk we didn't even get a hello. They say attitude is everything. What about the phrase Talk is Cheap! It doesn't cost anything for a smile or a hello. Well, maybe it does......it will cost them patrons after all of the negative comments here.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank triptakker
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Front desk was slow to appear from back room at check in, did not honor our Platinum status; Internet was so slow it took seven minutes for simple pages to load in the evenings; only two drawers in room- hardly enough for clothes for a two week stay; breakfast eggs were cold and hard, bacon was greasy, dining tables were dirty, floors in hall were not vacuumed, mildew in bathroom; fitness center was three pieces of old and squeaky equipment in a tiny room; no on-site guest laundry. We have cancelled a planned two week stay this spring.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2007

This hotel is in a nice location. It is close to a number of shops, restaurants, starbucks, etc. I stayed during the Christmas season, when getting out of the hotel can be a little bit of a hassle as there is pretty heavy traffic on Golf Road. The hotel istelf was a little run down looking, and the front desk staff were not very good and rather slow. If you are staying, I reccomend the Water Street Brewery which is walking distance and has good food and beer.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 3, 2007

The hotel itself and continental breakfast was clean, good, etc.
Rooms facing the highway were not quiet.
BUT - STAFF - general manager and front desk staff screwed up reservations and credit card billing and were VERY rude to me. The continental breakfast staff were also very unpleasant.
I would not stay there again, nor should you if you want to avoid unpleasantry and hassle.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed October 4, 2006

Family visiting from England stayed at this property on and off for two weeks. Yes, it is conveniently located to great shopping and restaurants, and yes the continental breakfast is a nice feature. The only problem we had with the hotel was the attitude of the front desk staff. Several times they had to be 'disturbed' from reading in the back area behind the front desk, and one one occasion the clerk on duty argued and raised her voice with us as to how our reservations had been made. I left a message for the general manager to call me on the issue, she never did, so I called her. She had heard the story from the clerk, and obviously didn't intend to do anything about it. Won't use this property again for family or corporate guests from out of town.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lisabrit
Reviewed May 29, 2006

Right by the interstate, which is convenient. Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel is right next to Applebee's Restaurant, so you could go out for dinner and drinks without driving (if you're okay with Applebee's that is). Pool and jacuzzi were both clean and in good working order. Decent sized indoor pool. Continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delafield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Delafield
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Delafield? Share your experiences!