“Excellent HIE”

Holiday Inn Express Delafield
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Delafield
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here many times and never had any negative experiences.

Hotel is near to freeway yet all rooms are quiet and free from traffic noise. Beds are comfy and rooms are clean.
All amenities commensurate with the hotel price point are here including a decent exercise room.

Wi-Fi speed is fine with good signal coverage and for those craving calories upon arrival there is an Applebee's across the parking lot.

Local shopping is also above average with clothing, hardware and electrical shopping within walking/short drive distance.

I will always use this hotel when staying in this area.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My only complaint would be that they play a radio program (very loud!) in the pool area during the early morning hours! I like a quiet morning swim, and I had the pool and hot tub all to myself. The loud country music finally just drove me away! :-)

We didn't need a microwave and fridge, so I didn't notice its absence on this occasion.

Our room was large (King leisure), well appointed, and very clean. I thought the bathtub was exceptionally slippery and wished for a mat on it when showering.

But overall, a very nice HIX. Good breakfast. The AC was turned up really high and the breakfast area was cold, but we thought the food was good and we enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Only stayed here for a night last Saturday. The hotel was easy to find off of I-94, close to restaurants and shopping. Even though the hotel was near the highway and appeared to be full, it was quiet. The business center worked for what I needed, the wireless internet in the room worked well. The free newspaper is a nice addition. The lobby and breakfast area was spacious as well. The air conditioner worked fine, the fridge and microwave were nice. The separate sitting area with a couch and a partial divider were something I didn't expect but would be nice if sharing the room.

Room Tip: If you don't want a room facing the highway, choose an odd-numbered room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

No fridge, the carpets were damp, and the air condition barely worked on high.

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Delafield, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Beelovebeehappy,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased you liked our location. I want to assure you we work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the air conditioning. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2012

By far one of the most friendly staff I have encountered. The nice lady who served breakfast was so personable. Made you feel like you were home. Clean and quiet and met all my expectations. Will be staying here again in the future.

Had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Molly S
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was in town for just one night and thoroughly enjoyed this Holiday Inn Express. They put me in a room on the top floor, which was clean and quiet. Wifi worked great. I enjoyed a swim in the pool and a soak in the spa. Breakfast was excellent with biscuits and gravy, eggs, and bacon. Good location with ample restaurants and Starbucks next-door.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tromba61
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The rooms were nice at least the first one I got. It had a frig and micro in it which is nice to have. The people working the desk during the evening were not that helpful. Had problem with no channels numbers showing up on the TV. Called the desk the guy I spoke with answers were so dumb I could no stop laughing when I got off the phone. In the morning when I left I said good morning and the same guy just should there saying nothing. No response from the guy at all. Now the lady working the breakfast area was great. Asked if all was good and even made sure we were happy with the breakfast. She was a perfect Holiday Inn person. She should be working the desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a upgrade if you are Gold or above. They will not give it to you unless you ask for it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express Delafield, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear dotman60,

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad you were pleased with the breakfast attendant.
We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly
appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered with the front desk agent.

Katie J
Case Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delafield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Delafield
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Best Western Waukesha Grand

Been to Holiday Inn Express Delafield? Share your experiences!