“Terrific Place to Stop”

Great River Roadhouse
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in De Soto
Cuisines: American
Description: On the banks of the Mississippi (great river road).
Description: On the banks of the Mississippi (great river road).
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stopped in several times in the last couple months-varying times of the day/evening and week, the last time being the Thursday before Labor Day. Had some wonderful fish and shrimp-tender, properly cooked, served almost too hot to eat. There is a pick your pasta- sauce-meat menu choice that offers some really tasty alternatives. The Italian sausage and peppers was wonderful. The garlic bread that is served as a side on pasta dishes and as sandwiches is awesome-crispy and nice fresh garlic flavor. Portions are quite substantial-I have always left with a carryout container. My husband and I each ordered a fish sandwich and took 1 home this last visit. Pretty nice wine list-enjoyed a couple reds and a super selection of mico and smaller distrubution beer. Good service and nice atmosphere. Stop in-well worth it.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Whenever we ride the Great River Road, I have to have pizza from here. We have stopped on several occasions and everytime it is totally worth the 2 hour ride.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Wonderful Pizza!! We go here every time we are in the De Soto area.

We are 2 average/ above average people in size between 230 pounds and 180 pounds. We cannot eat a large and are stuffed if we finish a medium size pizza.

Sometimes the service is lacking, hit and miss. We have better luck with service sitting in the bar area in the tables next to the windows.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have been camping and fishing near DeSoto, WI for many, many years and have always tried to incorporate a trip to this restaurant every time we are in the area. The food has always been great, especially the pizza. Last month when we arrived, I was shocked and very pleased to find they had a gluten free menu! This is something that is unusual even in large chain restaurants, much less a locally owned place. I ordered the gluten free personal pizza and it was not only large for a personal pizza (I only could eat half), but it was the best pizza I have had including those with gluten!

The other offerings on the menu included ribs and some other dishes so I may have to venture away from the pizza but it will be hard. This restaurant will be a must-do on every trip we take to the area.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great service, great views, great menu. The food is outstanding. Bring friends if you order the large pizza! Snappy waitstaff!