“Am I being pranked???”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Wisconsin
“Am I being pranked???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My daughter wanted Dairy Queen as a special treat for behaving so nicely. Went through the drive through- I was the only car in line, and ordered 1 child size cone. Pulled up to get the cone & waited 16 MINUTES. I kept asking my daughter if we could leave and get something else & she refused. So I just sat waiting. It was so bad I actually thought it had to be a prank! When the teenage dufus finally gave me the cone, it was half melted. I started to complain, but could see this young man could not grasp anything I was saying, so I just left. If my daughter wasn't with me begging for that stupid cone, I would have never waited that long.

• Visited June 2013

De Pere, Wisconsin
“Don't. Just don't.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place is gross. There's really no way around it.

We recently went INSIDE since the drive thru line was out to the street and tends to take much longer. This was a mistake. The restaurant area isn't much to take note of, not very clean, but a typical DQ otherwise. Behind the counter was where the problems lay. The service is okay as it seems like they are doing the best that they can (It's mostly high school kids with a few adults mixed in, but it's usually understaffed and the reason for the long drive thru line/wait). The young staff and management do not keep this place clean though. There were cardboard boxes everywhere in place site and an employee actually kicked one out of the way to get something in back while we were there. The machines are old and there was ice cream everywhere. Part of the problem, too, is that you have to sign your receipt if using a credit card. They will hand you a small clipboard out the drive thru window, which is weird and cumbersome.

The worst part came 2 years ago but had nothing to do with cleanliness. My mother, who lives out of town, ordered an ice cream cake for my birthday and paid for it using a check. When I went to pick it up (on a Wednesday at 2:00pm), it was closed. I returned when it seemed open two days later to find that the cake had my name scraped off of it and was for sale with the other cakes in the cooler. When I told them who I was, someone was sent to the cooler without explanation, grabbed the cake and took it in back to put my name back on it. It was so strange.

As a result, we usually go to Zesty's next door or the DQ on the other end of town.
Get your stuff together, guys!

• Visited May 2013
Wisconsin
“Nice Place But”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Food is overpriced, not all that good tasting, even compared with other DQ restaurants.

Dining area was fairly clean. Considering the place wasn't busy during our visit, staff should have been cleaning up stations after guests dined and left.

Counter Service was cheerful, pleasant. The young man, who complimented his co-worker on her customer service skills and who brought our food to our table, needs much training before he is allowed to serve and interact with the customers.