“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: Italian
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I tried it on a whim and was blown away. The homemade Marinara and Italian Dressing was outstanding. Very reasonably priced and staff was great. I give my full endorsement.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sean G

Crivitz, Wisconsin
“I would like to try it for lunch”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit, there were four of us. Overall, the food and service were very good. Entree prices were reasonable. Being a first time visitor, I would have preferred that the waitress had told us about the salad. It's served for the table in one bowl, very small portion, the dressing already applied. Apparently there is no choice of dressings or even no dressing. It's like Olive Garden salad, but less salad. The rolls/knots were great, could've made a meal out of them. We ordered three different items, all were very good. I had the veal parm, it was tasty but a tad crispy. None of us had desert. One in our party recently had leg surgery, we did not see an accessible entrance. The interior is not ADA friendly, the restaurant's atmosphere is informal. The lunch menu looked interesting, I'd like to give it a try.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nick V
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went here on a weeknight because we wanted to try a new Italian restaurant in the area. We ordered the garlic knots, which we liked, however, the rest of the food was disappointing. My husband ordered the veal marsala with a side of spaghetti and I ordered some type of pasta dish. The waiter told my husband that the veal marsala did not come with a side of spaghetti even though it was clearly written in the menu. Once we got our order straight, the food was delivered by another waitress, however, they gave him chicken marsala. When my husband told the waitress that he had gotten chicken marsala instead of the veal, the waitress asked if he was sure because she thought veal was white because it was baby lamb. Finally, our original waiter came back and apologized for writing down the wrong thing on the menu. Needless to say, my husband was not impressed with the veal marsala and they did not offer to comp our bill. Our food was supposed to come with a garlic knot on our plate, which it did not and our bill was high for the lack of quality that we got. We were not impressed by the food and do not plan on going back.

• Visited December 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“not italian”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was excited to try this new local restaurant -- the prices were a bit too high and I'm not sure if they want to be a pizza place - family restaurant - or fine dining (they served on cafeteria style heavy plastic plates - and dessert was being plated at the bar onto paper plates!). The menu was intriguing but didn't live up to my expectations. To my surprise the garlic knots tasted sugary (and they weren't knots) - their "house" salad dressing (no other offerings) was sugary as well ????? The pizza sauce on my son's pizza was also sweet - yet the crust was good. My veal marsala was tough and tasted like canned gravy was poured over it. The only saving grace was my hubby's spicy shrimp dish - but the portion was small and there was too much sauce for so little pasta (which by the way was just boxed spaghetti - no other choices - no penne - no angel hair - etc. on entire menu). Very disappointing. Will not go back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank dianerosk
Jerry C, Owner at Pomodoro Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank You for taking time to write. We are sorry you may have had a tough piece of veal, our dishes are prepared from scratch to order and not from a can. About the knots, People tell us that they are addicting so sorry they were not to your liking. We are told on a daily basis our dressing is to die for but we do have many other choices for those who may want a different dressing. Our Melamine dishes are used for our wait staff as to regular dishes that are to heavy as our servers have 3 floors to carry food to. We only used paper plates for desserts on one occasion and that was Valentines day as we wanted diners to have hearts on the plates for this holiday. We do offer other pastas such as Fettuccine, Penne and Spaghetti and our pastas are all imported from Italy, sorry you may have missed that. would love you to come back in. Thank You again Jerry and Mia
Green Bay Wi
“Friendly staff/Great food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been to this place twice since it opened. Both times have been very enjoyable. The food is very tasty, garlic knots are wonderful and the wine is great. They only offer wine and beer at this time, no hard liquor. But they have a very good selection. I tried the shrimp parmigiana last time and enjoyed it. We will go back again and again. The menu is extensive so we have lots of things to try yet.

• Visited December 2013