“Find somewhere else to go...”
Review of A's Restaurant & Music Cafe - CLOSED

A's Restaurant & Music Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Went with a group of 8 on a Saturday night and was extremely disappointed. Service was slow and the overall experience was underwhelming. Entrees were overpriced for quality/quantity. The decor is beautiful and the atmosphere was nice, but I don't think I will ever go back.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My boyfriend/fiancee/husband and I have gone to A's for special occasions for over five years now and we are never disappointed. The atmosphere of A's is relaxed yet classy as they have live musicians playing music while you eat. The service is amazing. On our last trip, we had mentioned we were there for our anniversary and our dessert came out with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate on the plate. The food speaks for itself. While there were a couple of options we were not 100% about (due to personal preference), the food is delicious. We especially enjoy their Wednesday special of 1/2 select small plates and discounted wine. We recommend A's to all of our friends if they ask for a 'special' dinner spot. We will be going to A's for years to come.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

A nice place to have dinner and listen to some music in quaint downtown DePere , WI

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Love the live music aspect of this place, evidentally every weekend they feature live music. The night we visited was a piano player. Nice touch. Appetizer was a blackened Ahi Tuna filet, which was cooked properly, but there was so much seasoning on it, way over coated, the seasoning was still powdery in areas. Also, the seasoning taste was a little unexpected as it tasted very much like steak seasoning or rub versus a typical blackening seasoning. The aioli that it was served with had a good taste. I had a side salad with a cracked peppercorn dressing, the dressing was delicious. My husband had the soup of the day, which was a seafood bisque (I believe), which I was completely jealous of not ordering as it was very, very tasy. I had the Portabella Risotto, which again, was cooked properly and the flavor was good, but had way too much butter and asiago cheese, which was disappointing. My husband had the Shrimp and Sea Scallop Scampi , which was ok in terms of tatse, presentation & preparation. but again, absolutely doused in the wine sauce and butter. I would maybe give this restaurant another chance as I think the food had potential, but am left a little disappointed with the over coating, over saucing aspects.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

The food and drinks are very good. The atmosphere and service is excellent. The prices are very reasonable for what you receive.

Not quite sure what one reviewer is talking about the ownership not being friendly. The owner has always been very friendly to me and my wife. She even granted a couple special requests on our anniversary.

I frequent many different locations where I am served by the owner quite often. I have not expected nor received free drinks. The difference might be these places, such as A's, the owners are usually working a normal shift just like any other service person and they are not there just to hang out.