“Traditional food with a twist, great service, and cozy atmosphere”
Review of Stella's - CLOSED

Stella's
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Love at first sight...I really loved this place! I was hoping for patio seating, but didn't have a reservation so sat at the bar - which I'm now glad I did because the service was quick, the drinks were great, and I enjoyed good conversation for hours! Traditional foods with a twist (ie: Scallops potato and ham - was literally, pan seared scallops sitting on a bed of diced potatoes and thinly sliced cooked ham) It was fantastic! We started with the platter and I'm so glad we did, everything was so yummy (snacky finger food). Be aware, the small entrée may be rather small..so start off with an appetizer if you don't want a large entrée! The décor is a modern/primitive/industrial design..it's just adorable! Can't wait to go back and check out the patio!

There are newer reviews for Stella's

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had an early evening dinner on the beautiful patio. The Southern Cesear Salad was just delicious, my husband had the smoked walleye cakes, said the best fish cakes he has every had, I had the shrimp and grits and it was better than many I had traveling in the south. We had carmel gelatto with crunch chocolate, bacon and scotch, wow.

This is my new favorite restaurant.

Love the small medium and large plates also, you don't have to overeat.

2  Thank ODtravelers
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is one of my favorite area restaurants. You can't go wrong with the menu selection, sizes and prices. The shrimp and grits are amazing, as are the truffle fries. I always try something new when I go, and the service is great. Highly recommend making reservations!

2  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We've been to SALT many, many times and always like to bring new friends. Have also attended private corporate parties in the bar area. Unique menu choices and all are mouthwatering.
You might consider making reservations as this place is always hopping! Great beer and wine selections. The menu changes now and then which is great... always a new adventure.

2  Thank cstrickln
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The best feature to S.A.L.T. is the remodeled building. We have been here a few times. The staff is disorganized and the theme seems to be aloof on purpose. You are treated by managment and staff that you should feel honored to be in their establishment, in fact we ordered drinks at the bar which took a very long time each time even though they weren't that busy, they ran out of drink ingredients often. When we finally sat down we ordered drinks for those that couldn't get drinks at the bar, then appetizers, dinner and desert. The waitstaff doesn't always like to write things down so constant reminders of mistakes were in order. The second that dessert was served the waiter as if we wanted to order anything else, like more dessert or coffee. we said we were fine. We started to eat our Dessert and before half our group was even finished, the manager actually had the nerve to say "I love ya guys for coming, but your done eating so I have to ask you to leave so I can seat other people". We obviously were suprised and thought it was a joke, he laughed and said "we don't allow people to just sit at a table". Excuse me?! all of us didn't finish our dessert and he came up again and said "you have to go, people are waiting". OOOOkkkk. Our bill was over $225, we didn't finish eating and they want our table because we didn't order coffee, give me a break, we couldn't believe what we were hearing. Needless to say, this is the last time we visit this "cool-Yuppie-hangout".
Small Portions, Higher Prices & Rude service aren't a combination to keep our group from coming back.

7  Thank myonesearch