“EXTREMELY LOUD”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Suamico, Wisconsin
“EXTREMELY LOUD”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Menu was very different, in a good way. I was told it changes often. Three of us ordered 3 small plates and 1 medium and shared. The food was good not fantastic. We went on a Tuesday night around 6:30. Service to start with was good but it got very busy and the service got very slow. The sound in the restaurant was so loud that you couldn't carry on a conversation at your own table. We couldn't wait to get out of there. If I go back and the weather is nice I'd ask to sit outside where the sound isn't a factor. Also .... make a reservation to get a table that's not smack dab in the middle of the room. We asked for a different one but were told we didn't have a reservation and this is what we get.

3 Thank Wendy P

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“This can't be NE Wisconsin!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I've waited a longtime to try this place and the wait was worth it. The decor is wonderful and the food is amazing! Had the Buffalo Skate which I've never seen in WI. The fried green tomatoes were delicious as were the grits. The SALT Caramel Sundae with candied Bacon and Scotch was perfect. You can bet I'll be back!

1 Thank Babete
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
“Unique and very enjoyable dinner destination for our motorcycle ride”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner outside on the patio after a scenic ride along the Fox River. The menu includes items not typically at your WI restaurant. I enjoyed my shrimp and grits small meal serving. An upscale atmosphere and diverse crowd, not to stuffy for us bikers. Rode the opposite side of the river home. Fun night.

Green Bay
“Great Menu for Adventurers”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I hate to be a copy-cat, but "eclectic" really is a perfect description for the menu at this hip-but- comfortable restaurant. If you're careful to order the right entree, you'll be very happy. I recommend the quail for women who want to get the "Aren't you going to eat something?" people off their backs; it's not a lot, but it's tasty and photo-worthy in presentation, like everything we ordered. My husband enjoyed the sirloin. My friend's husband was still hungry after eating his Chicken and Waffle (which he said was delicious). His wife needed a doggy "box" (Yay! No styrofoam!) for her Shaved Ham sandwich (not really for a lady, though; so big and a little difficult to pick up without looking like a slob; she ate it with a fork). A remarkable aspect of the menu offerings at this restaurant is that they have a regular menu but also lots of specials that change regularly. They also like to put fried eggs atop some of their dishes, which we liked. I was so overwhelmed by the menu that I just had our (wonderful) waitress/bartender to bring the "chef's choice," which turned out to be the quail. Every dish was photo-worthy, and the atmosphere from our table in the bar area (looking directly outside) was fun.

We had some really great appetizers, beginning with my world-traveler-husband's raw oysters, which he said were some of the best he'd ever eaten. The salmon was great, and the hummus was also delicious (though clearly had salmon in it, as well). My family has a rule; if there's Creme Brulee on the menu, we're having dessert, so we ordered it. While the serving is small, it was wonderful. That said, we didn't appreciate the "sweet corn ice cream" scoop on top (we took it off). We also had the PB&J French Toast, which we found unremarkable.

Our bill (for my husband and me) came to about $80 before the tip, which included a few beers, two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts. P.S. Reservations (which can be made on-line) are a must, at least for weekends; this restaurant is popular. (We had to eat at 5pm, but that left us plenty of time for the rest of our evening together, and the bar wasn't crowded at all.)

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank CBean63
Wisconsin
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went with a group of five last weekend. Called for a reservation on Wednesday, played phone tag. Thought we had a reservation when I chose one of two times given on my voice mail. We were told when we arrived that we'd only have a reservation if we spoke directly to a person. Hmm. Then, I wish they'd returned my second call. Anyway, it worked out because we were able to eat at a table in the bar.

We tried the winter old fashioned, not my thing. We had a couple of appetizers: B------ nachos which were good, but not unusual. Also tried gravy fries which are like Canadian poutine. Yummy, and so bad for you. My main course was the #87 which was like a big turkey sandwich with two sunny side up eggs on it. Sounds weirder than it is. It was good. My husband and friends had the beef stroganoff. My husband wasn't a fan.

For dessert he tried the bread pudding. I took a bite and thought it was just ok. Another friend tried the creme brulee. It was interesting. Came with a flavored beer and a little bowl with creme and nuts in it. Our server/bartender (Andrew?) was very friendly and attentive. Maybe we'll try it again some day.

• Visited February 2013